Media Discussion - 2023/24

Just wow!
He bangs on about Arses being at a disadvantage because they played Wednesday, if only Villa had played Thursday that might of evened things up a little!
They played the same night as us, Tuesday and with no travel involved.

Quite an unbelievable take. Deeply unfair ? Dippers losing to both Atalanta and Palace within 3 days at home. Their kids suddenly aren't quite as good as everyone thought. Suddenly they're spent and the flaws in their squad clear and obvious - the fact they hadn't lost at home in 14 months before Atalanta is evidence of this to all but the uneducated.

Arsenal's gruelling mid week home tie against Bayern Munich left them exhausted apparently yet we toddle over to Real Madrid on a jolly without breaking sweat apparently before playing a day earlier than them on our return. And our bench is now too strong so it's so unfair. Zinchenko and Jesus - last season's major upgrades as they were described then - are now deemed to be shite and only good enough for the scrapheap. Arsenal apparently can't afford a centre forward. Rice, for a time the most expensive player in British history and someone we weren't prepared to meet WHU's valuation for is obvious proof of their pauperism though.

Feel sorry for those in Ireland subject to such nonsense from the press there.
I’m not going to lose any sleep over any **** reading the Irish Independent anyway.

Quite an unbelievable take. Deeply unfair ? Dippers losing to both Atalanta and Palace within 3 days at home. Their kids suddenly aren't quite as good as everyone thought. Suddenly they're spent and the flaws in their squad clear and obvious - the fact they hadn't lost at home in 14 months before Atalanta is evidence of this to all but the uneducated.

Arsenal's gruelling mid week home tie against Bayern Munich left them exhausted apparently yet we toddle over to Real Madrid on a jolly without breaking sweat apparently before playing a day earlier than them on our return. And our bench is now too strong so it's so unfair. Zinchenko and Jesus - last season's major upgrades as they were described then - are now deemed to be shite and only good enough for the scrapheap. Arsenal apparently can't afford a centre forward. Rice, for a time the most expensive player in British history and someone we weren't prepared to meet WHU's valuation for is obvious proof of their pauperism though.

Their kids are nowhere to be seen. Their starting 11 yesterday cost more than £400 million, as did Arsenals as well yesterday.

This myth that they both cant compete financially is pure fantasy and is nothing but a smoke screen for both their short falls.

Hilarious

I read and relished every infantile word of that. Pain expessed in words. I, particularly, loved the use of a quote from "black, feminist writer Audre Lord" as though united, liverpool and arsenal are somehow an oppressed minority. Talk about victim mentality. Losers, both clubs and their fans.

I’m not going to lose any sleep over any **** reading the Irish Independent anyway.
I think there's a tendency to imagine because they write for a paper that they have some great in depth knowledge others don't, but as we know they have zero understanding of what is going on with City and/or are lying to misrepresent the situation for their audience.

Its easier just to regard them.as no nothing morons.

Dont worry, as can be seen from the comments against the article on twitter nobody takes it or the author in any way serious.

Hilarious

I'm weighing up a couple of potential responses to this. Perhaps you might help me choose?:

(a) One team I'd played for during student days recruited a new and pretty good, by all accounts, goalkeeper. On meeting him, I thought he was something of a 'Bertie Big-B*ll*cks' but in the first game he played for us he kept us in it until half-time. He was, though, getting more and more angry with our collective display ad the half wore on.. we were bobbins, frankly. Comes the second half, our opponents finally score a few minutes in and Bertie B-B throws down his gloves, starts effing and reffing at us all and storms off shouting we were wasting his time, leaving us to put one of our defenders in goal and bring on our sub to make up the eleven with 40 minutes left. It was all so unfair for him what with all those better things he could have been doing while generously giving us his time! Just after all that we scored three in quick succession (I got the third!) and we took the points. Bertie B-B never played for us again. I think you get the moral of the story?!

Or, given Mr Sweeney's nationality,

(b) 'Bollix!'

For me, I think I prefer the rather more pithy summation offered by option 'b'.. What say you?!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.