Media Discussion - 2023/24

The thing that makes me laugh about these thick pricks in the Press and the media is their lack of intelligence and insight.

The football club (MCFC) that they're trying to trip up and ridicule actually benefits from this level of coverage. These hacks are pretty much doing our team talks on a weekly basis and their hatred is so obvious people in the wider communities can see it for what it is.

The thing that makes me laugh about these thick pricks in the Press and the media is their lack of intelligence and insight.

The football club (MCFC) that they're trying to trip up and ridicule actually benefits from this level of coverage. These hacks are pretty much doing our team talks on a weekly basis and their hatred is so obvious people in the wider communities can see it for what it is.
Most of them demonstrated that last night by not understanding the rules, or having the insight to explain to the rules around yellow cards in a penalty shootout when Emiliano Martinez did what Emiliano Martinez does for Villa at Lille in the Europa Conference League.

I didn't know the rule, but what is the point of them and their co-commentators, former-players and an assortment of experts in the studio, if none of them offer insight. If they don't add insight, there is no point them being there.

Ronay back to his worse in todays Guardian. Celebrating Reals win as some sort of victory for football and the little man and says the City project is "a grotesque spectacle on many levels"
He wants City to fail.

I heard him say as much as Guardian Football live show held near University College, London. Ronay, Steinberg and Glendenning were on the panel with Sean Ingle putting in a guest appearance. I was so outraged I've never forgotten it.

Ronay back to his worse in todays Guardian. Celebrating Reals win as some sort of victory for football and the little man and says the City project is "a grotesque spectacle on many levels"
I sped read this shit last night. He must really be getting off on it cos he wrote two articles within the space of hours when before hand the craven Guardian had all but ignored City v Madrid, now as they are spouting this phoney intellectual shite City are front and centre. The only comparison I could think of for such a warped view of the world was the Nazi’s.

it’s also bizarre how he can in one sentence say we are merely a PR exercise for Abu Dhabi, then completely ignoring the Emirates sponsored clubs. Is that not blatant PR ? I came to the conclusion he’s a tosser just like the other London centric media wankers, if they weren’t covering football it would be tiddly winks or upskirting at the Mail.

best thing we can do is make it four in a row and take the FA Cup whilst we are at it.

They’re basically thick as two short planks. They are there suited and booted, maybe a pair of designer specs to look intelligent, but in reality most are wife beating, coke head thugs.

I sped read this shit last night. He must really be getting off on it cos he wrote two articles within the space of hours when before hand the craven Guardian had all but ignored City v Madrid, now as they are spouting this phoney intellectual shite City are front and centre. The only comparison I could think of for such a warped view of the world was the Nazi’s.

it’s also bizarre how he can in one sentence say we are merely a PR exercise for Abu Dhabi, then completely ignoring the Emirates sponsored clubs. Is that not blatant PR ? I came to the conclusion he’s a tosser just like the other London centric media wankers, if they weren’t covering football it would be tiddly winks or upskirting at the Mail.

best thing we can do is make it four in a row and take the FA Cup whilst we are at it.
Agreed.

And as far as that the likes of that g*bsh*te Ronay is concerned, mention of the Nazis (nb I know you meant this in another context) reminds me of the fact that MY club stood up to Hitler et al when OUR PLAYERS as English champions REFUSED to perform the 'Sieg Heil' salute prior to playing a German Select XI in the Olympic Stadium in 1937. Contrast this with the FA's craven insistence that the England team comply with salute when in the same stadium a year later before playing Germany.

These scribblers can read up on that chapter of our history as well as (see my earlier post in this thread) studying Franco's manipulation of Spanish football to favour Real Madrid, with Barcelona benefiting too (although not to the same extent) to 'keep the plebs quiet', for decade after decade.

Oh.. and as far as City's bravery in Berlin is concerned, Ronay et al should know my Old Man and all my City supporting aunts and uncles (all veterans/survivors of WWII apart from Uncle Alf who was killed at Kohima) always said that standing up to those Nazi bullies was the greatest moment in our long, rich history, worth all of our trophies put together. And I agree with that completely.

And as for us doing 'four in a row' for the first time ever, well 'Amen!' to that, brother Blue, 'Amen!'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.