Media discussion - 2024/25

I've just had a shufty at the TotW. Troy Deeney is as big a numpty at Girth Crooks was.

Look at the interview out there of him explaining how he tried to force a move from Watford to Leicester after they won the league. To stay at Watford he basically bullied them into giving him a whole list of outrageous demands to stay. He even threatened to come back overweight and injure his own players in training. Vinny put that bullying cock right in his place in the fa cup final. I loved that clip of him smiling and saying "Harsh" to Deenay after our sixth goal went in.

The media are playing the poor hard-done to Arsenal fiddle again this morning, if that's the kind of football they want then count me out.
Not what I am reading, Roy keane is ripping into Arteta and many are following.

Arsenal have discipline issues and are far too emotional, just like their manager , they won't win a title with those attributes.

Arsenal have discipline issues and are far too emotional, just like their manager , they won't win a title with those attributes.
Their anti football definitely isn’t winning them many fans. People can clearly see what they are about.

Yeah, Keane was pretty clear in his opinion.
His last line about being concerned about Raya and the number of times he went down injured was utterly disdainful.

Either coached into them, or not coached out of them. Either way, it's on the coach. Clear to see.

Certainly not prevented. Much of it may be down to the players (Timber going down a second after someone else (Raya?) had had treatment was absurd - I think that was the one where they failed to put the ball out of play and the medics ran on.

Even the commentators mocked that one.

Referees are absolutely stuck in those circumstances - a player goes down claiming injury, does the ref want to be the one who ignores a real injury?

Last year or the year before, Newcastle and Villa (I think) were picked out as having excessively timewasting keepers. Arsenal won't need to do it in many matches, but it's not going to be missed by viewers. It'll go against them in public opinion.

Read Phil McNulty's match report and apparently the most controversial moment was Trossard being carded for smashing into Bernardo from behind and then leathering the ball away 2 seconds after the whistle. Poor old Arsenal Oliver gave them nothing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.