Media discussion - 2024/25

You are muddying the waters. It wasn't a red which is why a panel has said it is overturned. The ref got it wrong and VAR should have helped, does that not mean that common sense should never prevail? It happens and often, Macalister had one overturned last year, this isn't an isolated incident and I am sure there are others you can refer to.
and there in is my point entirely in YOUR opinion it wasnt a red, in TWO refs opinions it was a red and and it was still overturned, contentious decisions for the vast majority of clubs do not get to have those opinions heard.

and there in is my point entirely in YOUR opinion it wasnt a red, in TWO refs opinions it was a red and and it was still overturned, contentious decisions for the vast majority of clubs do not get to have those opinions heard.
Don't get them heard? Do you think appealing a red card is just an option for United and nobody else? One referee thought it was a red at the time. VAR intervene if its a howler. There's an argument for a kick out but clearly VAR didn't think they needed to step in. One referee booked Ben Thatcher for a certain incident. Balls up happens, especially with the standard of our refereeing.

Don't get them heard? Do you think appealing a red card is just an option for United and nobody else? One referee thought it was a red at the time. VAR intervene if its a howler. There's an argument for a kick out but clearly VAR didn't think they needed to step in. One referee booked Ben Thatcher for a certain incident. Balls up happens, especially with the standard of our refereeing.

Hmmm.

Like i said that is your opinion and that is fine but the one other incident you cite of a red being overturned is for a liverpool player, you and i both know that a city player or an ipswich player does not get that card overturned and that is my point in here, right or wrong i just want fairness across the board and not just for some.

You only have to look at the aftermath of the match to see it, have you ever in your life known a player to be able to come out and plead their case after the match on camera, i genuinely have never once seen that tbf and you're correct when you say balls up happens but its amazing how those balls up only ever get reversed when it involves certain clubs.

So the whole premier league and every ref is on it to never send him off? Yeah he is a snidey fucker but I only want him off when he deserves it. Nobody was arsed when Kovacic avoided his blatant red he should have received and in our biggest fixture. Proper fannys on here,
There was quite a stir from the media and even a poll on Sky to instigate a retrspective red, I think, when Haaland bounced the ball off the Arse guy's head!

Its not that it was overturned that causes such anger, its the fact that it would not have been overturned for anyone else, TWO sets of refs looked at that and said yep thats a red and they were both disagreed with by an independent panel which means that neither the refs or var are fit for purpose , take this compared to the penalty at newcastle which was contentious in terms of contact (just as much contact on lewis last night and not given) which was checked and cleared immediately by var and no more said.
subjective ......... rule 4B/ ca

Like i said that is your opinion and that is fine but the one other incident you cite of a red being overturned is for a liverpool player, you and i both know that a city player or an ipswich player does not get that card overturned and that is my point in here, right or wrong i just want fairness across the board and not just for some.

You only have to look at the aftermath of the match to see it, have you ever in your life known a player to be able to come out and plead their case after the match on camera, i genuinely have never once seen that tbf and you're correct when you say balls up happens but its amazing how those balls up only ever get reversed when it involves certain clubs.
I am referring to ones off the top of my head. I am sure a little research will show other teams having cards overturned. Your logic is two people got it wrong at the weekend, my argument would be the ref and VAR didn't see enough to intervene but I can guarantee, that if the ref gave the red card, then VAR told him it is only a yellow and overturned it mid match, you and everybody else on here would be crying foul play and how they are cheating to keep it 11-11 and their captain and best player staying on the pitch. Ultimately it's a lose lose then, as the panel have rightly overturned it and foul play is cried more. Bruno asked to speak to Sky apparently. You are now using guess work to say they wouldn't allow anybody else to do it. You are also ignoring that only last month Rice was allowed to talk about his red card, again a situation where a player feels aggrieved and wanted to get their point across.

Simply put, this isn't a united thing. It is actually an example of them righting a wrong. That shouldn't offend anybody.

If I remember correctly the referee involved in the Ben Thatcher incident now hosts ref watch on Sky Sports

I am referring to ones off the top of my head. I am sure a little research will show other teams having cards overturned. Your logic is two people got it wrong at the weekend, my argument would be the ref and VAR didn't see enough to intervene but I can guarantee, that if the ref gave the red card, then VAR told him it is only a yellow and overturned it mid match, you and everybody else on here would be crying foul play and how they are cheating to keep it 11-11 and their captain and best player staying on the pitch. Ultimately it's a lose lose then, as the panel have rightly overturned it and foul play is cried more. Bruno asked to speak to Sky apparently. You are now using guess work to say they wouldn't allow anybody else to do it. You are also ignoring that only last month Rice was allowed to talk about his red card, again a situation where a player feels aggrieved and wanted to get their point across.

Simply put, this isn't a united thing. It is actually an example of them righting a wrong. That shouldn't offend anybody.
When only the wrongs that affect them are righted then yes it will offend people as it will be deemed unfair, will the pl right the wrong where they gave them 40 times more leeway than any other club with their financial dealings, will they right the wrong where the var lines were drawn incorrectly in their fa cup semi against coventry, will they retrospectively right the wrong where a yellow was given to martinez for a two footed out of control tackle, i would not be offended by them righting this wrong if they showed the same sense of fairness in righting the wrongs when it doesnt benefit them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.