"Media have another go at City"

Firstly, thank you to those who were kind enough to reply to my original post. (You're dead right, TonyM!!).

Now, off topic alright but it's important to me that I reply to it first: Yes clp1000, there are numb-nuts on both sides of that and every argument. I apologise, whole heartedly if I even slightly offended you. That was never my intention.

Dannybcity, Allanharper and MCFCdiehard I do believe that I said there was "nothing wrong with dreaming" in my original post. I honestly don't give a f**k how red scouse celebrated when they won the UEFA cup - anything that lot do does nothing to legitimise the importance of anything in my humble etc. Quite the opposite, at times, actually. That aside, I think the fault is mine, insomuch as I didn't express my feelings about the competition properly. It is not such much the cup's standing in the greater scheme of things that bothers me but all of this giddiness amongst ourselves. We've not won a bean in 33 years so, of course, I would be jumping off the ceiling if we were lucky enough to win it. I'm just not into counting my chickens before they're hatched. The last time I saw this carry on was in 2006 when we had a home FA cup quarter final against West Ham - and we just wound up looking like idiots, didn't we? Anyway, God bless ye're optimism (sorry, if that sounds patronising, it's not meant to).

Baldy bouncer, I'm not quite sure where I have offended you. The word "righteous" if it means anything
means "virtuous", "moral", "good", "honest", "respectable", "upright", "honourable" etc etc. Forgive me for being presumtious but were you thinking that I said "self-righteous" because that is, as I'm sure you know, a less than complimentary thing?

Dom, I suspect that you're hardly hanging on my endorsment but, for what it's worth, your way of going about responding to these half-wit hacks is perfectly honest, decent and intelligent. If that's what gets you through the day, genuine best wishes - me though, I'm just worn out from giving a sh1t about them.

CTID.

mad4city said:
Firstly, thank you to those who were kind enough to reply to my original post. (You're dead right, TonyM!!).

Now, off topic alright but it's important to me that I reply to it first: Yes clp1000, there are numb-nuts on both sides of that and every argument. I apologise, whole heartedly if I even slightly offended you. That was never my intention.

Dannybcity, Allanharper and MCFCdiehard I do believe that I said there was "nothing wrong with dreaming" in my original post. I honestly don't give a f**k how red scouse celebrated when they won the UEFA cup - anything that lot do does nothing to legitimise the importance of anything in my humble etc. Quite the opposite, at times, actually. That aside, I think the fault is mine, insomuch as I didn't express my feelings about the competition properly. It is not such much the cup's standing in the greater scheme of things that bothers me but all of this giddiness amongst ourselves. We've not won a bean in 33 years so, of course, I would be jumping off the ceiling if we were lucky enough to win it. I'm just not into counting my chickens before they're hatched. The last time I saw this carry on was in 2006 when we had a home FA cup quarter final against West Ham - and we just wound up looking like idiots, didn't we? Anyway, God bless ye're optimism (sorry, if that sounds patronising, it's not meant to).

Baldy bouncer, I'm not quite sure where I have offended you. The word "righteous" if it means anything
means "virtuous", "moral", "good", "honest", "respectable", "upright", "honourable" etc etc. Forgive me for being presumtious but were you thinking that I said "self-righteous" because that is, as I'm sure you know, a less than complimentary thing?

Dom, I suspect that you're hardly hanging on my endorsment but, for what it's worth, your way of going about responding to these half-wit hacks is perfectly honest, decent and intelligent. If that's what gets you through the day, genuine best wishes - me though, I'm just worn out from giving a sh1t about them.

CTID.

fairplay mate i understand what you mean, but looking at it from my point of view, I booked flights to istanbul 3 months ago.
When we played the home game at barnsley even after that match me and my mates were already online looking to book for the final ( thats back in august ) but flights never started showing till christmas. i remenber west ham game, was well suicidule afterwards but lets just say it hasnt stop me shouting istanbul around the pubs at night in my area...

ah! you are so right i want to have your child. or did i mean you bunch of gay rags!

In fairness though how will we look silly. I don't get carried away in front of rags, even we they try to goad me into it, but inside I'm as excited about this cup as at any point I can remember in my 20 odd years following City. Fuck it let's get excited and look forward, if we get beat then we'll all be gutted but we'll brush ourselves down, take the stick on the chin and move on. No amount of stick or name calling will even get close to the feeling of disappointment if we do indeed go out.

Secondly if you don't enjoy the anticipation to games like this then you're missing out, don't let the buzz pass you by. I've enjoyed the whole journey up to this point from Barnsley, the pens at Midgetland, Shalke, winning th group in typical City style, getting lost in the coldest City in the world at 6 o clock in the morning right up to laughing at the loud mouth rags in the pub after the Aalborg game.

Altogther now...ISTANBUL, ISTANBUL WE ARE COMING...

dannybcity said:
In fairness though how will we look silly. I don't get carried away in front of rags, even we they try to goad me into it, but inside I'm as excited about this cup as at any point I can remember in my 20 odd years following City. Fuck it let's get excited and look forward, if we get beat then we'll all be gutted but we'll brush ourselves down, take the stick on the chin and move on. No amount of stick or name calling will even get close to the feeling of disappointment if we do indeed go out.

Secondly if you don't enjoy the anticipation to games like this then you're missing out, don't let the buzz pass you by. I've enjoyed the whole journey up to this point from Barnsley, the pens at Midgetland, Shalke, winning th group in typical City style, getting lost in the coldest City in the world at 6 o clock in the morning right up to laughing at the loud mouth rags in the pub after the Aalborg game.

Altogther now...ISTANBUL, ISTANBUL WE ARE COMING...

Were coming for a WEEK! in may...

Good post..

mad4city said:

Fair play !!

Didsbury Dave said:
What a class post.

Every word true.

Good to see there are a few posters out there who are not hysterical and paranoid.

Good work fella.

good work?

how is that work??

OTT nooooooob

The inmates of the lunatic asylum masquerading as journalists? Bring 'em on. There are more intelligent people posting on this forum. Reply. argue, philosophise, rant, but NEVER, NEVER, EVER buy the chip wrapper/arse wipe that attempts to call itself a newspaper. Just make sure the club knows about the venom and politely ask MCFC to withdraw facilities, just as the purple-nosed tosser does.

BillyShears said:
I tend to agree with the OP...i've become desensitized to all the crap that is written about City...

To be honest, as soon as we are "top 4" it will stop...or at least it will be a very different kind of abuse from the non-factual, shit stirring, claptrap we get now...

to clarify, it will be a different sort of non-factual, shit stirring claptrap.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.