Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

I'm not sure I'd hold my breath with Ducker! Do you have a link?

It does seem strange that no national report I've seen mentions this. You'd expect someone somewhere to do so.

The most annoying thing is it took me literally 2 minutes to find out - it was the first thing I did when The Sun story broke because we know they like to bank up news stories against Sterling, like publishing the "he shops in poundland" article over a year after the photo was taken.

I just went to Getty images, searched for Sterling scrolled down a page and there it was.

Y5sofQa.jpg

The photo is dated by the photographer, and neither Smalling nor Defoe have been called up since October's game vs. Lithuania.

I guess it's a minor detail - except for the fact people like Ducker want to bring the spike in London gun crime into the context of the story by saying he got it in March, and it's not true.

The most annoying thing is it took me literally 2 minutes to find out - it was the first thing I did when The Sun story broke because we know they like to bank up news stories against Sterling, like publishing the "he shops in poundland" article over a year after the photo was taken.

I just went to Getty images, searched for Sterling scrolled down a page and there it was.

Y5sofQa.jpg

The photo is dated by the photographer, and neither Smalling nor Defoe have been called up since October's game vs. Lithuania.

I guess it's a minor detail - except for the fact people like Ducker want to bring the spike in London gun crime into the context of the story by saying he got it in March, and it's not true.

Cheers. That does seem pretty solid!

This might actually be a turning point for Sterling because it's so ridiculous that the majority of the public support him.

For the poor lad's sake I really hope he is the hero and not the villain in the world cup.

Todays DailyFail has an unbelievably shitty article http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...FA-Gary-Lineker-PRAISING-Raheem-Sterling.html
If you don't want to give the mail clicks, you can use this donotlink https://donotlink.it/V1wn

A few choice excerpts
Showing off his new tattoo of an assault rifle, this £200k-a-week England star sums up all what's wrong with football
===
It was 2005 and the baby-faced product of one of North London’s grimier neighbourhoods was already displaying an unfortunate talent for self-destruction that has characterised much of his football career.
===
Thirteen years and 37 England caps later, Raheem Shaquille Sterling’s success on the football pitch continues to be as stratospheric as his all-too-regular failures off it.
===
Yet, on the other hand, this supposed role model has for far too long allowed himself to be defined by acute lapses in judgment that — in the eyes of many critics, at least — have turned him into a symbol of the amorality that is today at the heart of the so-called Beautiful Game.
====
Plus the obligatory mentions of "gaudy house" and "bling watches"

And so on, ad nauseam. This stream of bile, innuendo and selective reporting has, if possible, made me even more angry that the Sun's original shite.

As a slight balance to that lot, this excerpt from BBCR5L - which will, no doubt, reach far fewer people, has good content from Rory Smith and Nedum Onuoha who speak from a rational perspective.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p068l32q

I don't think a news 'story' has ever wound me up more than this load of shite!

Not wrote one of these in years, some of you may remember them from MuEN.

Here goes.... A little ditty to Tommy Gun/The Clash

Tattooed gun, The Sun ain't happy cos Raheem got one

Tattooed gun, An M16 just for fun
Maybe he wants it in his Dad's memory

Just a tattoo, just like many
Whatever Raheem wants, he's gonna get it

Tattooed gun, better get a real one and shoot that Murdoch bum

Tattooed gun, Waiting out in ambush are the paparazzi scum

They print on their headline, shock horror news

Piers Morgan hates it, he's not amused
Whatever Raheem wants, he's gonna get it

Tattooed gun, laser it off, decry the Sun
Tattooed gun, It's just a tattoo, can't hurt anyone

Hung drawn n' quartered they want him grilled
A nation of Sun readers has got to feel fulfilled
Whatever Tatt he wants, he's gonna get it

Tattoo gun
You can be a hero when it's lasered and gone....

Last edited:
Todays DailyFail has an unbelievably shitty article http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...FA-Gary-Lineker-PRAISING-Raheem-Sterling.html
If you don't want to give the mail clicks, you can use this donotlink https://donotlink.it/V1wn

A few choice excerpts
Showing off his new tattoo of an assault rifle, this £200k-a-week England star sums up all what's wrong with football
===
It was 2005 and the baby-faced product of one of North London’s grimier neighbourhoods was already displaying an unfortunate talent for self-destruction that has characterised much of his football career.
===
Thirteen years and 37 England caps later, Raheem Shaquille Sterling’s success on the football pitch continues to be as stratospheric as his all-too-regular failures off it.
===
Yet, on the other hand, this supposed role model has for far too long allowed himself to be defined by acute lapses in judgment that — in the eyes of many critics, at least — have turned him into a symbol of the amorality that is today at the heart of the so-called Beautiful Game.
====
Plus the obligatory mentions of "gaudy house" and "bling watches"

And so on, ad nauseam. This stream of bile, innuendo and selective reporting has, if possible, made me even more angry that the Sun's original shite.

As a slight balance to that lot, this excerpt from BBCR5L - which will, no doubt, reach far fewer people, has good content from Rory Smith and Nedum Onuoha who speak from a rational perspective.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p068l32q
I know sports journalists are often pricks, but it's true what they say that very little of this Sterling bullshit comes from them. This bloke has never written a football article in his life, and yet is somehow qualified to slag off the entire life of someone he obviously knows fuck all about.

But surprise-surprise the Daily Mail would be next on the outrage train.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.