Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

Chatting about the media persecution of RS on Talksport.

A thought occurred to me, Raheem was bought before Pep arrived and i think bought for Pep in mind. It's possible that Pep wanted to build the team around him and this knowledge was known long before Pep came, and the media armed with that knowledge thought it would undermine City if they tried to unsettle Raheem.

It's not worked though, the lad is a mental colossus in the face of adversity.
More like he wanted to build a team around de Bruyne

Nice thought but I think you underestimate the mentality of that particular type of individual .................................it includes dippers and " its never their fault ".
I think it’s wider than that. The amount of people with an opinion on sterling who don’t even support a prem team is astounding. Never mind that 99% of those people just spout the same predictable crap they see on social media or in the papers. Just shows that the media are doing the job they set out to do on him.

Even if all that was true, which in all fairness I think a good chunk of it is, it is yet another example of Raheem can do no wrong Sterling amongst us. Claiming Rashford ran into dead ends more is a bit wild too. His touch, control, passing and shooting was all off. Who can we blame for that?

If Sterling gets in them positions he is praised for his movement and rightly so, Lingard works well to get into good positions and all of a sudden that is easy to do and all down to Sterlings runs off the balls. By all means people can defend the lad it is just the constant movement of the goalposts that then becomes the frustration.

Fuck me, I always try not to have a pop at fellow blues but you really seem to have a downer on Sterling.
If you really think that the Wythenshawe Pele is a better player than Raz then I can understand why other blues have criticized your posts.
Raheem Sterling he's top of the league...for a reason...he's a winner

And again....

He don't need no Persecution

He don't need no Tatt control

No dark sarcasm in the papers

Murdock leave Raheem alone

Hey Media, Leave Raheem alone

All in all its just another, kick in the balls

All in all its just another, kick in the balls

I think it’s wider than that. The amount of people with an opinion on sterling who don’t even support a prem team is astounding. Never mind that 99% of those people just spout the same predictable crap they see on social media or in the papers. Just shows that the media are doing the job they set out to do on him.

You are absolutely correct and I was just poking fun at the pathetic mentality of dippers really.

The press and social media , both of whom I have little regard for , have played a considerable and continued part in maintaining the treatment Sterling unfairly gets, but I maintain that the main and initial cause was the slapped arse ex -dipper players who were almost entirely responsible for the abuse directed at the player for having the temerity to want to leave.

Clinging on to the reflected glory of the past achievements of the club is what brought about the ridiculous and hysterical abuse imo , and since then many more brainless fuckwits have jumped on board that ship.

It all started with the horrid dipper fans followed by a quite bizarre situation where fans of other clubs were equally angry at him leaving Liverpool like it was the first time anyone has left another club before. The media caught on to this and here we are with Raz as public enemy number one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.