Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

Young was the weak link in defence, the midfield in the 2nd half were shite and in all honesty what has Kane brought to this World Cup, if not for sterling we would not have got this far but by all accounts he has been shite all tournament.

There’s a serious amount of people of people that will never understand Sterling is the link between the midfield and Kane. Both games against Columbia and Croatia sterling went off and I don’t think Kane had a kick

We had an easy group to qualify from the group stages
Beguim half decent team beat us
Columbia ,half decent team took us to penalties
Croatia a half decent team turned us over in extra time
Not down to any individual
Ist half could have put it to bed
2nd half looked to me we didnt have much more to give
John Stones had a great chance cleared of the line
Thought Sterling was running them ragged and should have been left on

Thought Kane was hopeless today - wandered round the pitch and didn't lead by example. Seems to think he is only there to score goals,
Taking Raz off was stupid - Lingard should have been the one to go off.
I thought Stones looked solid but the pundits on ESPN rated him poor.
Good to see that Southgate has been watching the rags - hoof it up the field because we don't have a midfield.
England went further than I expected and good on 'em

I just watched two semi finals over the last two days that involved Rashford, Lingard, Young, Bogbrush and Lukaku. All fucking crap.

The difference between when City lose possession and when England lose possession was like night and day.
Strolling around like they were on a fucking golf course.

Total unfair media reaction to Sterling....England have zero creativity in midfield. ZERO! Henderson and Ali.... just aren't on the same wavelength as Raz at times. They do jack shit to help find space, and neither of them have an eye for threading a pass through either. Then to add to it fucking nobody helps him out. Bit of link up between him and Lingard but that's about it. It's just such a disjointed set up and I feel kind of sorry for Southgate having to try and merge all these mixed up styles of play into one team, in such a short space of time, sounds immensely hard. When Raz gets the ball at City the WHOLE attack is killing it to pull players out of position, and if he hasn't got the ball he's got people with enough vision and talent to thread him through. The set up and style of play allows us to get the very best out of Sterling which is Brilliant and the reason why he's scored so much for us this year! He does have a habbit of trying to bumble his way through defenses at times and has missed a few easy chances for us this season, but by and large he's been amazing for us this year and I'm sure he'll improve. I don't ever think he'll be world class but he'll get better. To scrutunise his play for England to such a high degree is fucking bullshit though. Because he's not as good as Messi, people jump on his back and laud him as useless which is totally unfair. People are blaming him for England not winning when really the team just isn't good enough and doesn't have anyone of any talent that can unlock sterling's ability. Fuck em, he'll be back us this year and i'm sure he'll bag another 20+ goals for us too.

Did we the media+public make the Sterling - Rashford sub happen? Fucking ridiculous substitution.

Did we the media+public make the Sterling - Rashford sub happen? Fucking ridiculous substitution.
The commentator said it was to try a different tactical option - that really worked didn't it? We went from having a bit of a chance to buggar all chance.

I know this game is all about opinions but far too many pricks think they know what they are talking about. Raheem is a tremendous player as far as England is concerned he just needs a goal . Once he as scored he won’t stop. All those pricks that slag him off , you keep playing in the dog and duck league because you know jack shit .

Total unfair media reaction to Sterling....England have zero creativity in midfield. ZERO! Henderson and Ali.... just aren't on the same wavelength as Raz at times. They do jack shit to help find space, and neither of them have an eye for threading a pass through either. Then to add to it fucking nobody helps him out. Bit of link up between him and Lingard but that's about it. It's just such a disjointed set up and I feel kind of sorry for Southgate having to try and merge all these mixed up styles of play into one team, in such a short space of time, sounds immensely hard. When Raz gets the ball at City the WHOLE attack is killing it to pull players out of position, and if he hasn't got the ball he's got people with enough vision and talent to thread him through. The set up and style of play allows us to get the very best out of Sterling which is Brilliant and the reason why he's scored so much for us this year! He does have a habbit of trying to bumble his way through defenses at times and has missed a few easy chances for us this season, but by and large he's been amazing for us this year and I'm sure he'll improve. I don't ever think he'll be world class but he'll get better. To scrutunise his play for England to such a high degree is fucking bullshit though. Because he's not as good as Messi, people jump on his back and laud him as useless which is totally unfair. People are blaming him for England not winning when really the team just isn't good enough and doesn't have anyone of any talent that can unlock sterling's ability. Fuck em, he'll be back us this year and i'm sure he'll bag another 20+ goals for us too.
Anybody blaming sterling for losing last night weren't watching Harry Kane, deli Ali and Henderson last night.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.