Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

I was at that game and I genuinely don't remember any racist chanting whatsoever from the crowd? I do remember that game very well stood on the Kippax. They ran with the chant you're going home in a Manchester ambulance.

Stevie Redmond couldn't even get the gloves on but Nixon was deservedly sent off for punching Wright.

In actual fact, in my now 40 years of watching us, the only times I have ever heard a single racist utterance at City was some dickhead in the North Stand who shouted daft ****** at Nicolas Anelka and I had my now wife with me. I was too stunned to say or do anything, as I didn't know how many people around him would back him up.

The next was a derby at the Etihad just a few years back on the lower tier of the Colin Bell. The fella in front of me shouted cheating black bastard at Evra just as the crowd went deathly quiet. He wanted the ground to swallow him up, my brother tried to get down the row and smash him but I held him back as this guy had his two young daughters with him.

Poor girls had to be looked after and were crying as their stupid old dad held his hands up and said it was heat of the moment as he was led away.

Things like this are very rare in my opinion, thankfully, which is why these incidents stay long in my memory. No doubt you witnessed the Palace game in a different light but I certainly don't recall any racist abuse in the Kippax that day.
Thanks for replying TG.
I didn't think you would as sensitive subject on on my own clubs fans forum -it wasn't anti u or anti Ciy. ..and when I raised the issue a few years back on here no one could remember anything untoward at all-apart from a damn 'good atmosphere'. .which it was from start to the the sending off , towards the end ..when the atmosphere turned toxic; Wright tbf had been a handful and he and bright were putting themselves about a bit..the unacceptable abuse only came after Nixon had been sent off-we had taken the lead I think thru Lake( pen?) but Palace who were top of the old 2nd div came storming back helped by the man advantage..
The illustrations was made as I felt Wright who now works in the media and had his fare share of difficult moments on away grounds ..is perhaps well placed to speak up and comment on the raheem issue..he doesn't need to travel to Liverpool to ask anyone about Raheem as u suggested.
Took me a long time to post my original acount. ..it's not something I would make up ..I was a regular in the old supporteRS club bar at Maine rd both before and after matches and I distinctly recall folk coming up to me after the game apologising for the behaviour of others ...I was a pretty shell- shocked teenager at 5pm that day..the venom I heard made my blood curl-none of of it directed at me of course and tbh Wright or Bright didn't show any signs of being affected by it.
I still have cuttings from the national press the next day- The Independent newspaper -not a single word was reported about any of the abuse in any newspaper ....media didn't think it was relevant......or it didn't happen. ...or they didn't hear it......
If Wright had looked in the papers the next day he might have been forgiven ,like me for thinking was that the same game?
Any Palace fans there that day ,and they brought a few ,would remember the 'atmosphere '

Somebody did text the show to say it was leaving Liverpool that brings Raheem the majority of the abuse but Wrighty wasn't impressed with the argument and laughed it off.
I think the text was suggesting that it was the manner in which sterling "asked" to leave Liverpool. But from memory I think Brendan Rogers made a big deal about it and made out that sterling was being greedy and not respecting Liverpool and unfortunately this myth has stuck. Subliminally Rogers meant that it was wrong to leave Liverpool for city under any circumstances. So I think Wright was laughing at the idea that sterling did not "respect" Liverpool.

There’s nothing that Razza can do to avoid the unnecessary grief.
Score goals my boy and silence the media wankfest.

I think the text was suggesting that it was the manner in which sterling "asked" to leave Liverpool. But from memory I think Brendan Rogers made a big deal about it and made out that sterling was being greedy and not respecting Liverpool and unfortunately this myth has stuck. Subliminally Rogers meant that it was wrong to leave Liverpool for city under any circumstances. So I think Wright was laughing at the idea that sterling did not "respect" Liverpool.
If Pool fans had received just a fraction of the abuse and scoffing that we received as City's loyal support over the many years in the doldrums they would not be so sensitive.

Get over it is my advice or perhaps they want RS to be seen as some sort of almost religious icon to remind them of how they don't deserve such treatment.

After all it was Mr Shankly who tongue in cheek insisted that football was much more important than life or death.

Not sure if posted but seems they're having pointless digs at Mendy now. Headline reads like there's bad blood between him and pep and then the article talks about veiled warnings. Not saying this is on the level of the criticism raheem receives but just goes to show they live turning meaningless things into a aoap opera for the usual idiots to lap up

Agree, amazing that people still do not understand racism; and the forms it takes.

I love the guys that slag off foreigners and then happily go and hand those same fella's some hard earned wedge for a curry/kebab/pizza every Saturday night, good for nothing foreign ****s though eh! the mind boggles at the thought process they must go through to justify it to themselves.

Every neutral fan I know thinks he is useless. This has nothing to do with the Sun or Mirror as I don't know anyone who reads that crap. It is more to do with people like Hoddle who every time he commentates on England continually slags him off and completely ignores anything positive he does. Sky are the same -he should have been mom on Sunday but they focus on a nothing tackle and ask him snide questions about Liverpool. Even when he scored his 50th premier league goal instead of a positive it was only his 3rd outside the box!

Correct

I love the guys that slag off foreigners and then happily go and hand those same fella's some hard earned wedge for a curry/kebab/pizza every Saturday night, good for nothing foreign ****s though eh! the mind boggles at the thought process they must go through to justify it to themselves.

Unfortunately I grew up in a household that had some prejudice. My dad hated all Japanese with a passion, (war eperience) drove a Toyota though. I was determined as a youngster not to inherit the traits.
I have given the subject of racial prejudices and the media some thought over the last 24 hours, I am currently trying to determine how many black football journalists there are in the mainstream media. Not found too many so far.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.