Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

Huh? I didn't say he looks comical or sad.
Reading comprehension skills fail.
Sterling is slated because he looks an easy target, vulnerable looking, and been seen (wrongly imho) as a disloyal, mercenary.
I am no fan of the gutter press. They are a pack of rabid hyenas, scavengers. I am antifascist btw and deffo on Sterlings side in this battle.
But I must add I do not think this is about race. It is more about old-fashioned class politics tbf.
City are hated by the established clubs and looked down on as chav type,lower class, lottery winners by the traditional clubs and that class prejudice feeds the hatred of Sterling ( the prejudiced narrative of his presumed lower class, blingbling attitude) much more than race.

Reading comprehension skills definitely do fail.
I never said you said he was comical or sad looking.
I said your summation of him getting bullied because of his look or mannerisms is both comical and sad.
Oddly enough the rest we agree on.

Huh? I didn't say he looks comical or sad.
Reading comprehension skills fail.
Sterling is slated because he looks an easy target, vulnerable looking, and been seen (wrongly imho) as a disloyal, mercenary.
I am no fan of the gutter press. They are a pack of rabid hyenas, scavengers. I am antifascist btw and deffo on Sterlings side in this battle.
But I must add I do not think this is about race. It is more about old-fashioned class politics tbf.
City are hated by the established clubs and looked down on as chav type,lower class, lottery winners by the traditional clubs and that class prejudice feeds the hatred of Sterling ( the prejudiced narrative of his presumed lower class, blingbling attitude) much more than race.

City is an established and traditional club. You're dropping a few digs at City into your posts, but not very subtly.

City is an established and traditional club. You're dropping a few digs at City into your posts, but not very subtly.
I know City's history, you don't have to convince me. Rather I am in agreement with you and am critiquing the media narrative which makes you out to be chav lottery, lower class types.

Reading comprehension skills definitely do fail.
I never said you said he was comical or sad looking.
I said your summation of him getting bullied because of his look or mannerisms is both comical and sad.
Oddly enough the rest we agree on.
Oh right I see. My bad. Glad we're in agreement on the rest.

I know City's history, you don't have to convince me. Rather I am in agreement with you and am critiquing the media narrative which makes you out to be chav lottery, lower class types.

No, no, I'm not having that.

I've read countless sly, negative and prejudiced media articles about City, but I have never seen, anywhere, City described as "chav" or "lower class". These are your perceptions, your prejudices.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.