Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

You mean when possession is factored in? Yes, really. Just because City are so aggressive trying to get it back. Teams playing City never are, they stand off.
Thought wolves were plenty aggressive last night tbf.

Thought wolves were plenty aggressive last night tbf.

I'm not going to try and tell you that I have re-watched it a dozen times to check each instance or anything, it's just a general observation about how City sometimes do commit more fouls than the opposition. I'm sure some games it doesn't make any sense, but overall I'm just not that surprised when it happens.

This never surprises me that much really. Teams tend to stand off City and try and retain their shape behind the ball - City when they lose it hunt down the ball and try and get it back. And yes, absolutely City commit cynical fouls when teams break on them - which is normal.

Sorry but that's remarkable that they only conceded 3 fouls in 90 minutes ( the red, the oen and one other) , 1 every 30 minutes would take incredible discipline or a shit ref.

I'm not going to try and tell you that I have re-watched it a dozen times to check each instance or anything, it's just a general observation about how City sometimes do commit more fouls than the opposition. I'm sure some games it doesn't make any sense, but overall I'm just not that surprised when it happens.
I'm not going to watch it again (dull match tbh) but going from memory I don't believe that outside of the Sterling penalty and the Boly red card they committed 1 foul in the entire game.

I'm not going to watch it again (dull match tbh) but going from memory I don't believe that outside of the Sterling penalty and the Boly red card they committed 1 foul in the entire game.

Can't remember either, and not going to make specific claims about last night. Was just a general comment.

but we're 2nd to bottom of the table for fouls committed.
Strange that, seeing as we're on the losing side of the foul count in every game we play - other teams must be getting pulled for more fouls against other teams than they do against us.
In less time out of possession too.

The other strange thing is despite the PLs reputation for physicality, we give less fouls away and get more in the Champions League. Especially Sterling.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.