Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, Scholes great footballer but they are better & he would be pedestrian in our team & get mugged, as Mancini did to him.

Ryan Giggs would come to terms with it, but we have him already in Sane, who is far above Giggs (or Ronaldo) as a team player at the same age.

I'm on record as describing Giggs as a poor man's Sane. That may be a bit harsh and Sane still has it all to prove; whereas Giggs does undeniably have a long and glorious playing career behind him. Sane though is though, to my mind, a more naturally gifted player, a better athlete and more intelligent. Sane has to demonstrate he has the commitment, drive and mental strength to make the most of those gifts; if he does, the better comparison will be Ronaldo rather than Giggs.

Not winning the UCL is the stick they will use to say we are not as good as the Rags and Candlepool were in their prime. Hope it drives the club on to win it in the next few years. We need to drive on now and make our team formidable on the European stage.

You are forgetting the biggest obstacle we have to overcome in that competition, the officials. Four decisions in the quarter final wrongly given against us that would have added three goals to our tally at least and wiped one off the dippers.

How come every two-bit hack knows that Pep's sole remit when he was appointed was to win the Champions League? How do they know that our owners only obsession in life is to win that trophy, because I've never heard that coming out of the club. Ferguson's CL record is actually pretty average considering the money he spent and the players he had access to, the two times they did win it, they were battered in the final and enjoyed a huge slice of luck.
Me neither, plus last season Chelsea won £150m from winning the Premier League (prize money and tv deal).

To go through all the group phases and knock-out rounds to eventually win the CL you only pocket between £85-110m in prize money and tv deal (depending on your country’s tv rights, for example, last season Juve earnt more than Madrid despite Madrid winning the comp).

So you could argue that the club would think winning the Premier League is always the most important.

I agree, Scholes great footballer but they are better & he would be pedestrian in our team & get mugged, as Mancini did to him.

Ryan Giggs would come to terms with it, but we have him already in Sane, who is far above Giggs (or Ronaldo) as a team player at the same age.
"Giggsy"™ could be the family liaison executive.

That'll be the next thing to confront us with, sliding goalposts .... mind you Sterling might find that beneficial!!

No, that was last night when rat boy stated, in all seriousness, that Jose will have won the war based on him winning the Premier League next year.

Oh, and if they win the FA Cup this season he will have come out on top with one more trophy than Pep during their managerial careers.

Funnily enough, nobody seemed to reference the graphic that one had been in management for 10 years longer and was ten years older.

Goalposts will always be shifted.

No, that was last night when rat boy stated, in all seriousness, that Jose will have won the war based on him winning the Premier League next year.

Oh, and if they win the FA Cup this season he will have come out on top with one more trophy than Pep during their managerial careers.

Funnily enough, nobody seemed to reference the graphic that one had been in management for 10 years longer and was ten years older.

Someone pointed out in another thread that Pep has won over 2x as many trophies as Mourinho since starting in management.

Oh yeah, rat boy was in full damage limitation mode, "qualifying" our achievement and putting it in the "proper" historical context.

Dyche for manager of the year is picking up steam as well, little by little they're whittling away at what we've done this season. They'll be popping champagne corks if we stumble over the next five games.

On Match of the day 2 Keown was saying if Burnley finish above Arsenal then Dyche is nailed on to be manager of the year. I've been told by a mate (so hopefully this is correct) that the Manager of the season has been the manager of the team that has won the league (since the formation of the Premier League) except on two occasions 1st Man City winning it in 2011-12 (I think Curbishly won it that season) and when we won it again under Pelligrini. Unbelievable Jeff!!!

Giggs probably won it in 13/14, despite the voting taking place before Moyes was sacked.

On Match of the day 2 Keown was saying if Burnley finish above Arsenal then Dyche is nailed on to be manager of the year. I've been told by a mate (so hopefully this is correct) that the Manager of the season has been the manager of the team that has won the league (since the formation of the Premier League) except on two occasions 1st Man City winning it in 2011-12 (I think Curbishly won it that season) and when we won it again under Pelligrini. Unbelievable Jeff!!!

Not correct, unfortunately – doing a quick check, George Burley won it with Ipswich in 2000-01 and Harry Redknapp won it in 2009-10 with Spurs and then there's Pardew and Pulis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.