Media Thread 2017/18

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by mat, 14 Jul 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YaYa's Left Peg

YaYa's Left Peg

You are right off course, and they will forever find an angle to denigrate our achievements in relation to the aforementioned establishments - win the CL, yeah come back to us when you won five (or six) etc.

Personally I have no doubts at all in my mind that we will win the CL and League double, and we will do it in a style that only the great Barca team of Pep’s can claim to have bettered. He who laughs last as they say...

2. OB1

OB1

And the much vaunted Scholes wouldn't get in our team because, good as he was, he couldn't play the roles that KDB and Silva player better than them; I also don't think he is as gifted as either of those two players.

It is hard comparing across the years and it's easy to forget what the game was exactly like at particular points. I rarely watch old stuff on Sky etc but I have recently read a couple of books looking at the history of tactics and that certainly helped me to further appreciate how unsophisticated "English" football has tended to be and the level that Pep has taken things to.

We are truly privileged to be supporting this City team and whether people outside of the club and its fans appreciate that is ultimately irrelevant but gives us something else to talk about.

3. Neville Kneville

Neville Kneville

I agree, Scholes great footballer but they are better & he would be pedestrian in our team & get mugged, as Mancini did to him.

Ryan Giggs would come to terms with it, but we have him already in Sane, who is far above Giggs (or Ronaldo) as a team player at the same age.

4. OB1

OB1

I'm on record as describing Giggs as a poor man's Sane. That may be a bit harsh and Sane still has it all to prove; whereas Giggs does undeniably have a long and glorious playing career behind him. Sane though is though, to my mind, a more naturally gifted player, a better athlete and more intelligent. Sane has to demonstrate he has the commitment, drive and mental strength to make the most of those gifts; if he does, the better comparison will be Ronaldo rather than Giggs.

5. paulchapo

paulchapo

You are forgetting the biggest obstacle we have to overcome in that competition, the officials. Four decisions in the quarter final wrongly given against us that would have added three goals to our tally at least and wiped one off the dippers.

6. Psychedelic Casual

Psychedelic Casual

Me neither, plus last season Chelsea won £150m from winning the Premier League (prize money and tv deal).

To go through all the group phases and knock-out rounds to eventually win the CL you only pocket between £85-110m in prize money and tv deal (depending on your country’s tv rights, for example, last season Juve earnt more than Madrid despite Madrid winning the comp).

So you could argue that the club would think winning the Premier League is always the most important.

7. jimharri

jimharri

"Giggsy"™ could be the family liaison executive.

8. tolmie's hairdoo

tolmie's hairdoo

No, that was last night when rat boy stated, in all seriousness, that Jose will have won the war based on him winning the Premier League next year.

Oh, and if they win the FA Cup this season he will have come out on top with one more trophy than Pep during their managerial careers.

Funnily enough, nobody seemed to reference the graphic that one had been in management for 10 years longer and was ten years older.

Goalposts will always be shifted.

9. domalino

domalino

Someone pointed out in another thread that Pep has won over 2x as many trophies as Mourinho since starting in management.

10. The perfect fumble

The perfect fumble

Oh yeah, rat boy was in full damage limitation mode, "qualifying" our achievement and putting it in the "proper" historical context.

Dyche for manager of the year is picking up steam as well, little by little they're whittling away at what we've done this season. They'll be popping champagne corks if we stumble over the next five games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.