Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
But will we have learnt our lesson, that's the acid test?

Did we modify sufficiently from the league defeat their to the Euro game there?

Indeed. We didn't really have them sorted in the home match until the sending off. 1-0 up, yes, but they'd had a few chances down the vacant leftback channel (Mendy leaving Otamendi with too much space to cover).
The away match seemed to turn when Delph was injured.
In the CL first leg, Laporte twice showed Salah onto his good foot and two goals were scored - I find that strange, although he was probably hoping for some midfield cover inside.

All of those were exploiting the City left.

Haha. We bossed second half at anfield and first half at ours. We’d be through easily if ref had done his job.

Totally and if their first not given, the whole tie changes as we were in control. After that and our own goal disallowed in the 2nd half all they needed to do in the 2nd leg was try and stop us scoring enough, which they somehow did in the first half (the disallowed goal at home killed us that night). They then went ultra counter attack and picked us off, but would not have been in that position if we were not robbed in the first leg and first half

Are you saying we were unlucky to go out against them over two legs?

I know we had a couple of dodgy decisions but we were pretty awful in these two games.

Pep got the 1st leg disastrously wrong certainly, but I wouldn’t say we were awful in the 2nd leg, and indeed we were superb in the 1st half of that game. Had we not been robbed of Sane’s goal, who knows what impetus we would have gained. As it was Salah’s equaliser killed everything stone dead.

Pep got the 1st leg disastrously wrong certainly, but I wouldn’t say we were awful in the 2nd leg, and indeed we were superb in the 1st half of that game. Had we not been robbed of Sane’s goal, who knows what impetus we would have gained. As it was Salah’s equaliser killed everything stone dead.

Agree. Also if refs did their job. Not subjective decisions like penalties but did their job properly then at half time in the second leg the score would have been 2-2 with all to play for.

Indeed. We didn't really have them sorted in the home match until the sending off. 1-0 up, yes, but they'd had a few chances down the vacant leftback channel (Mendy leaving Otamendi with too much space to cover).
In the CL first leg, Laporte twice showed Salah onto his good foot and two goals were scored - I find that strange, although he was probably hoping for some midfield cover inside.

Good points, well made - agree with you/
To my mind, a micro-level forensic scrutiny of how teams have successfully played Salah this year, yes even including united, needs to be a number one priority for us doesnt it?

Delph was on the bench it was a tactical decision with Laporte.

Pep got the 1st leg disastrously wrong certainly, but I wouldn’t say we were awful in th.e 2nd leg, and indeed we were superb in the 1st half of that game. Had we not been robbed of Sane’s goal, who knows what impetus we would have gained. As it was Salah’s equaliser killed everything stone dead.

I agree with that

Delph was on the bench it was a tactical decision with Laporte.

Possible misunderstanding. I don't think there was anything wrong in picking Laporte. I find it strange that he showed Salah onto his left foot (strange as in it's a big mistake, rather than anything more sinister).

Good points, well made - agree with you/
To my mind, a micro-level forensic scrutiny of how teams have successfully played Salah this year, yes even including united, needs to be a number one priority for us doesnt it?

Amongst other things, yes. I don't for a minute think they won't.

This seems to have strayed from media!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.