Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough. Granted we had two bad calls in those two legs. I've just read a lot of post that said we were unlucky not to go through because of the officials.

We had some iffy decisions go against us, in both legs. But the biggest culprit was ourselves, yet again.
That 1st half defensive display at Anfield, was a fucking mess. Saying that goals DO change games and
we was robbed in the fact we did score and they were chalked off, incorrectly. It's not like we might have scored etc.

Possible misunderstanding. I don't think there was anything wrong in picking Laporte. I find it strange that he showed Salah onto his left foot (strange as in it's a big mistake, rather than anything more sinister).

I never wrote it on here but reallt hoped Danilo to play there knowing Salah likes to cut inside and Danilo is naturally right footed.

Too big an ask for Laporte when he was hardly a regular at that time.

I'd also have gone with Danilo but also Bernardo to support him.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but Silva at the time was in good form also and would have offered us more offensively to occupy the full back rather than Gundogan. We lost the initative for me and Gundogan neither helped us control posession of the ball or influenced the game.

We had some iffy decisions go against us, in both legs. But the biggest culprit was ourselves, yet again.
That 1st half defensive display at Anfield, was a fucking mess. Saying that goals DO change games and
we was robbed in the fact we did score and they were chalked off, incorrectly. It's not like we might have scored etc.

As much as anything it was the timing of those decisions that was significant: first goal at Anfield; denied a crucial away goal and then denied a second at the Etihad to put us just one behind. That would have made a massive difference in the way both teams felt going in (we wouldn't have had Peo sent off) and how they approached the second half.

My ears may be decieving me but bbc breakfast have just been talking about the womens FA cup final and they said
"2 years ago the final got nearly 33000 and this year 40000 tickets are sold, that's amazing"

2 years ago? Did our final last year not happen when 35000 attended

As much as anything it was the timing of those decisions that was significant: first goal at Anfield; denied a crucial away goal and then denied a second at the Etihad to put us just one behind. That would have made a massive difference in the way both teams felt going in (we wouldn't have had Peo sent off) and how they approached the second half.
Had we have rightfully been given both 'offside' goals we would have been in front at half time at the Etihad and they would have had to change their only game plan.

Football is fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.