Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loved the press coverage in the main this year. We have been lauded as the best Premiership side ever, appeared frequently as the main game on MOTD. Times did a special report only 2 weeks ago on how we won the league. Enjoy it guy its our time now and the media coverage, in the main, has reflected this.

Not the Meedya I've had my nose in. Most of the sports sections of the DT have shoved our reports to the rear and when there isn't a game there are a half dozen PL teams who have positive tales - Brighton, Burnley, Bournemouth, Rafa, Dyche, Huddersfield, and then there appears some tale about City with invariably a negative slant. We have had some hacks who have presented the issue as most eyes would see it, but they are rare, and too many begrudging. We have had nothing like the coverage had MANUre, the Dippers, The Arse or 'Arry's Team achieved what we have.

Just read the Sunday Times Sport section .... nearly every team gets a mention except one major omission ... apparently we are not playing or doing anything special or on the cusp of breaking practically every PL record or anything else today.

Oh well ... let’s see what the morrow brings

Just cam on to post exactly the same thing. Absolutely unbelievable. Would be utterly inexplicable even if it was just a bog standard match with nothing riding on it.

Not the Meedya I've had my nose in. Most of the sports sections of the DT have shoved our reports to the rear and when there isn't a game there are a half dozen PL teams who have positive tales - Brighton, Burnley, Bournemouth, Rafa, Dyche, Huddersfield, and then there appears some tale about City with invariably a negative slant. We have had some hacks who have presented the issue as most eyes would see it, but they are rare, and too many begrudging. We have had nothing like the coverage had MANUre, the Dippers, The Arse or 'Arry's Team achieved what we have.

Do you ever think your own bias may impact on your judgement also?

I do agree though but United and Pool would probably get more coverage though and as papers are business concerns that is pretty obvious.

Do you think its fair we get more coverage than the likes of Huddersfield/Burnley/Bournemouth etc or does that ‘bias’ not bother you?

Loved the press coverage in the main this year. We have been lauded as the best Premiership side ever, appeared frequently as the main game on MOTD. Times did a special report only 2 weeks ago on how we won the league. Enjoy it guy its our time now and the media coverage, in the main, has reflected this.

Whilst the praise for the standard of our football has been undeniable, clickbait still rules supreme when it comes to non-match related affairs. I give you the gratuitous photo of Raheem Sterling on the Express’ story about Liverpool Academy players sexually harassing staff at Rainshill College, the “man treating himself to breakfast saga”, the numerous bitter ramblings of Stan C***ymore and Allyson Rudd, the Sun’s recent “Emptyhad” expose, the Fail’s extraordinary Jason Sancho obsession, the Sun’s unbelievably bitter and biased 6 page assault on Pep, Sergio and our fans post-Wigan, and so on and so on.....

Last edited:
Whilst the praise for the standard of our football has been undeniable, clickbait still rules supreme when it comes to non-match related affairs. I give you the gratuitous photo of Raheem Sterling on the Express’ story about Liverpool Academy players sexually harassing staff at Rainshill College, the “man treating himself to breakfast saga”, the numerous bitter ramblings of Stan C***ymore and Allyson Rudd, the Sun’s recent “Emptyhad” expose, the Fail’s extraordinary Jason Sancho obsession, and so on and so on.....

And do you think clickbait articles are unique to City? They are not and that is the nature of the society we live in. There is undoubtely people like Rudd, Collymore who do not like us and as they are asked to express their opinion it will be negative but its not universal.

As for the praise ‘for our standard of football being undeniable’, it is being denied consistently on this thread. Why do you think this is?

Incidentally Exeter did we not discuss how the press treat Uniteds players/managers differently and when I highlighted the treatment of LVG/Moyes you suggested that they only got treated badly at that point in time when United were ready to move then on. What do you think of the criticism of Mourinho and Uniteds style of play this season?

Last edited:
And do you think clickbait articles are unique to City? They are not and that is the nature of the society we live in. There is undoubtely people like Rudd, Collymore who do not like us and as they are asked to express their opinion it will be negative but its not universal.

As for the praise ‘for our standard of football being undeniable’, it is being denied consistently on this thread. Why do you think this is?

Incidentally Exeter did we not discuss how the press treat Uniteds players/managers differently and when I highlighted the treatment of LVG/Moyes you suggested that they only got treated badly at that point in time when United were ready to move then on. What do you think of the criticism of Mourinho and Uniteds style of play this season?

Walking to the ground so I’ll come back later. Briefly though, no, clickbait is obviously not unique to City. It is however unique in its degree of negativity, because the largest demographics (rags, dippers, etc) have a vested interest in seeing us fail. We are the usurpers, an enemy common to the old guard

You’re right and I am enjoying it frank. I also reflect on the fact that it takes a record breaking season of champagne football to attract the sort of positive coverage that the rags and dippers have historically taken for granted. And I remind myself this is probably the best press coverage we will ever have. Or close to it anyway.

We will always have a larger number of detractors than other top clubs simply because the likes of collymore etc will always look at us as an easy target (and because pep didn’t know who he is) and there is a larger volume of click bait in it. And those who haven’t given us fair dos this season never ever will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.