Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top stories on BBC Football online this morning are The Clasico, Wenger and Liverpool......
To those suggesting there is no agenda then today's reporting must seem entirely normal, across the entire British Online Media practically zero reporting. We won the league ffs and the coverage is pathetic.

Again those suggesting that the 'headliners' that generate the clicks are the sides which are written about as a justificaton. Wake up, it's not the sides that are generating the clicks, it's the so called journalists that publish headline articles to drive the clicks. If United & Liverpool are written about more, and their articles are more prominent or headlined then of course those articles will generate the most clicks. Hardly needs the researchers of Cambridge Analytica to figure it out.

And hardly a whisper on the back pages as advertised by BBC. Did we actually get presented with the trophy yesterday? Perhaps we all dreamt it.

So BBC news this morning had the red ticker tape running along the bottom of the screen telling all Liverpool fans to be careful in Rome! Nothing like being a week late for "news" !!

The DT pecking order this morning: Big, BIG piccy of Arsene, then top of the side show is Cardiff, then the champions, then CFC and finally Soton, where Sparky is gonna be done for making fun of the fat old duffer Jonny Moss! Must admit I had to laugh at what Hughes said - " . . .. linesman two yards away doesn't give a free kick but Moss, his usual 30 yards behind play, sees a foul!" "Are yer gonna speak to him?" "No, what's the point, he's probably still getting his breath back!" They'll do yer, Hughesie! It's gonna cost yer for making me laugh!

Inside the sport section the DT find that they can slip us in for a double page on PAGE FUCKIN' EIGHT! After they have reported on Arsene, Arsene and Ferguson, Arsenal and a snip on Moyes and Wiiiiiist Hiiiiiiiiiim, CFC and a couple of column inches on NUFC and Watford, and an article where Klippity tells Salah, after a booking for diving, to cut it out of his game. My oh my, the PotS booked for diving! Did yer see that Kevin?

R2 sport a 7:50 this morning was The Arse, CFC or Cardiff (can't remember which) and then, er, oh yeah, the Champions of England. Would we have that order had MANUre or the Dippers been champions? I think not

Last edited:
You have to scroll a long way down the Daily Mail website today to get any hint that we even played yesterday, never mind lifted the trophy.

Fergie aside, which is understandable, the reporting on yesterday is pretty poor. It either doesn't exist, or it's right down the pecking order of football stories. See the Daily Fail.

Wenger's last home match has got bigger headlines.

We've got to face facts, we're just not a big club. ;-)

All the tabloid websites leading with anything other than us. This is how they make sure any success of ours is brushed under the carpet and forgotten, drown it out with other stuff.

move-along-nothing-to-see-here-gif-8.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.