Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you're off the mark here - all they've done is copy the figures from transfermarkt. The City, Utd and Chelsea figures are identical, as is Huddersfield.
The exact figures for transfers are:

Mendy - 51.75
Walker - 45.9
Silva - 45.0
Ederson - 36.0
Danilo - 27.0
Luiz - 10.8
The Lukaku trasnfer muddies the water. Everton said it's £75m plus easily achievable add-ons such as appearances, goals etc.

The fairest comparison I think is to include all liabilities and deduct sales.

The BBC could just use the arrivals and departures from their transfermarkt source but that would tell a different picture. City still out ahead because of the way the Lukaku deal is being reported but it would give a different and fuller picture.

I suspect that the people who compile these graphics are Utd fans because you see it all the time from their reporting. You can always come up with an explanation for their comments and reports, but when looked at consistently over a period you see a trend. Maybe in a generation's time, it will be the other way around. Taking longer than I expected for the media inbalance to be corrected, in fact it's getting worse if anything.

Autumn TV fixtures out for both stations and we are only on twice in Oct/Nov.

A paranoid person would think they are purposely avoiding showing us as we look strong and don't want to give us a lot of exposure.

Autumn TV fixtures out for both stations and we are only on twice in Oct/Nov.

A paranoid person would think they are purposely avoiding showing us as we look strong and don't want to give us a lot of exposure.
Tbf 5 of our first 7 PL games are on TV so I'm not too surprised there's a lull in Oct/Nov.

The Lukaku trasnfer muddies the water. Everton said it's £75m plus easily achievable add-ons such as appearances, goals etc.

The BBC could just use the arrivals and departures from their transfermarkt source but that would tell a different picture. City still out ahead because of the way the Lukaku deal is being reported but it would give a different and fuller picture.

I suspect that the people who compile these graphics are Utd fans because you see it all the time from their reporting. You can always come up with an explanation for their comments and reports, but when looked at consistently over a period you see a trend. Maybe in a generation's time, it will be the other way around. Taking longer than I expected for the media inbalance to be corrected, in fact it's getting worse if anything.

All BBC Sport content, including social media and internet output comes from Media City, Salford. Enough said.

Tbf 5 of our first 7 PL games are on TV so I'm not too surprised there's a lull in Oct/Nov.

Wasn't being serious tbf

at least 3 chanps league games are on during that time.
Also the fixtures are probably not what they consider special games compared to the ones picked.
I expect nearly all or at least 3-4 of the December games will be on telly (WHU, Rags, Swans, Newcastle and Palace)

I don't disagree with everything you wrote. They've quoted gross, not net, which isn't unreasonable - it's just a different way of looking at it (using net figures over recent years, Utd would then be able to claim back e.g. the di Maria 45M, and look better - they like net figures because Ronaldo has a bigger influence). If the figures were over a range of years - say 5 or more, then net is more informative; as a snapshot, gross is fine as I see it.

However, claims that the BBC are misrepresenting this data are wide of the mark. In this case, I suspect they've culled the figures from transfermarkt without paying any attention to what the figures mean. As things stand, Lukaku's fee is around 75M, as the addons haven't been triggered.

It does seem obvious that the chinless wonders they employ do bend their interpretation and several non-stories towards Utd, but a table of costs is fine.

As things stand, Lukaku's fee is around 75M, as the addons haven't been triggered.
As things stand Raheem Sterlings fee is around £42 million , with add ons which include winning the champions league , which may never be triggered . Doesnt stop them rounding it off to £50 million though , till thats pretty much the accepted figure in the media .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.