Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
And here we have the answer per Guardian journo Barney Ronay on twitter:

I think this shared urge for Man Utd to be "back" has its roots in warm, sad, vague nostalgia for the 90s when the world wasn't about to end

Ten years from now you'll be able to find threds like this on washed up forums called rag cafe and rawk, saying the same things we are now, posters clamouring for justice because the money fuelled media are baying for clicks from the masses. Whom uncoincidently follow the flavour of the month, city. maybe spurs? Forrest again??
There is no agenda. Merely a business cashing in on the easy money from the easily led. Only way it'll stop for us is to win everything we can, and time.
I personally think to many of us are being a little to precious.
Fuck em. I'd rather this now than going back to being inconspicuous as we were when I started following city in 98 at Bournemouth.
Drink it in.

Some 'don't give a toss merchants' are missing the point here. If they don't think media negativity affects our player recruitment that is. Sign for City - get a load of abuse in the media, get heckled at matches - NEVER get player or manager of year, NEVER get in team of the year etc etc. Always get negative coverage of your England performance even when playing well. Etc etc.
If you really don't think any of that matters then you are on the Rags side.

Good post , the negativity constantly aimed at our club is specific to slowing our growth and popularity , if we win the quadruple this year (and the carabou cup) , we would still not gain credibility with the media because we would have won it with "oil money" , its easy to say ignore the media ,if you dont like it , don't read/listen to it etc etc but we are being targeted because we are the biggest threat to the "established top four" for decades . It's about time our football club changed their policy towards the media with our softly softly approach , start taking action against the culprits who are cultivating the blatant lies about our attendances , academy , transfer fees , wages etc, if the club really want to grow they have to confront the media , we have had nearly ten years of shite from them , enough is enough.

Good post , the negativity constantly aimed at our club is specific to slowing our growth and popularity , if we win the quadruple this year (and the carabou cup) , we would still not gain credibility with the media because we would have won it with "oil money" , its easy to say ignore the media ,if you dont like it , don't read/listen to it etc etc but we are being targeted because we are the biggest threat to the "established top four" for decades . It's about time our football club changed their policy towards the media with our softly softly approach , start taking action against the culprits who are cultivating the blatant lies about our attendances , academy , transfer fees , wages etc, if the club really want to grow they have to confront the media , we have had nearly ten years of shite from them , enough is enough.
This so true and needs to be done

Not saying it's wrong but it isn't working very well, is it? Long term you may prove to be right but we can only see what's happening in the here and now and if it's slowing our growth, it's not reflected in the figures yet. What happens on the pitch will have a more immediate and noticeable effect and we should have won more pots by now.
The owner and his people move in global circles and probably think the likes of the Daily Mail are parochial little rags with no influence outside England and not much even there. They know there isn't much of an audience to grab in the short term in England. Not so outside England.

Their biggest influence is with the officials, I may be wrong but it's always been in the back of my mind

Their biggest influence is with the officials, I may be wrong but it's always been in the back of my mind

Seems to me it is self evident that an Organisation that has been and possibly still is corrupt at the top and allows its members to operate a closed shop to new investment at its highest level has shall we say bias towards its senior members.

So then what faith can anyone have that its officials on the field of play are not influenced by this chronic prejudice. I´m sure that they start off with fairness in mind but if they want to rise to PL status they must surely be cautious when making important decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.