Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sterling's a "twat", Stones a "liability",not interested in "kids", Aguero "off to Chelsea", "offshore payments".

All these I have had quoted to me by people when I tell them I am a city fan. They are all biased gutter press and Sky announcements.
And then the Monaco "complaint to Fifa".
Garbage.

If anyone knows anything about agenda setting and the media, they would soon realise what is happening here.

For instance, count how many times the total spending this Summer for City is shared on Sky Talkshite etc. 100 times a day. This is an example of agenda setting. This in turn constructs the reality for people...

I've began to call them Murdochisms.
The rags I know rage at that.

They'll say things like Sterling is normally on the bench isn't he? Or Aguero and Guardiola don't get on.
I just laugh and call it a sensationalist Murdochism. Once you start telling them they can't form their own opinion they soon go quiet.

They'll say things like Sterling is normally on the bench isn't he? Or Aguero and Guardiola don't get on.
I just laugh and call it a sensationalist Murdochism. Once you start telling them they can't form their own opinion they soon go quiet.

Yep you got it. Who would want a reality created by Murdoch's

Quiet rags?

images

here is my take on why the media always throw City under the buss, and let United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Hot spurs

chelsea = Posh London its ok they found a "honesr" Invester ... Honest my A...

United n Liverpool = they are conciderd English treasure and should be treated with respect.

Hot spurs n Aresnal= just becuse they are good wholsom London football clubs.

Man. City = dirty oil money, no class, and "buy" titles, and do not deserve to win, a club that "Old Mediia" will never accept as a true PL team. (myabe that was a bit strong)

As a city Fan this how i feel. I guess seem to forget what City group hane done for Manchester. along with biilding world brand helpibg other clubs,
the only requierment to become a suporter is that u bring with u a Bug smile...

One more thing they are forrgetting today and for the last 3-4 years (I think) attract more TOP players then any of the other 6 teams and not because of money, bur becaus of reputation man city have build over the last 10 years.

So to all media who dont like City, we are coming, soon enough City will be bigger and better then the rest. Uniteds glory days are over. .

The well known rag ian ladyman wrote a disparaging little piece about Raheem being absolutely cold & out of Peps thinking today. More lazy journoing as clearly he had not seen Raheem ripping the Real defence a new one the other night in the second half. And no you jerk you are the odd one out.

City must be really, really pissing all these rags off now. You would have to be dredging the bottom of the barrel to write a negative article after that match.

Long may it continue.

The well known rag ian ladyman wrote a disparaging little piece about Raheem being absolutely cold & out of Peps thinking today. More lazy journoing as clearly he had not seen Raheem ripping the Real defence a new one the other night in the second half. And no you jerk you are the odd one out.

City must be really, really pissing all these rags off now. You would have to be dredging the bottom of the barrel to write a negative article after that match.

Long may it continue.

Its weird I think the Narrative after he left Liverpool makes every one apart from the majority of us city fans thinks Sterling is a poor player who cant get in our side, when in fact he is one of our most important players who was our stand out player in champs league! The lad is an incredible player and Pep love the guy.

So there's no f***ing media agenda against City?

Steve Bates, Daily Mirror, in Nashville, on the eve of our game against Spurs.

No link.

Manchester City's £217m transfer splurge alerts Financial Fair Play watchdog — and could see them banned from Europe

The Blues were fined by UEFA in 2014 over FFP and a second breach of the rules would bring a more severe penalty

Manchester City are back on UEFA’s Financial Fair Play radar after their spectacular £217- million summer spending spree, writes Steve Bates in Nashville .

There’s no suggestion either PSG or City have stepped out of line – but, if the Blues were to land Sanchez, it would push their spending towards £300m in transfer fees alone.

That would certainly alert UEFA’s FFP watchdog, who are already keeping a close eye on PSG’s potential world-record deal for Neymar.

(then the article goes on)

Andrea Traverso, who leads UEFA’s FFP watchdog, says clubs like PSG and City will have to tread even more carefully, as a second breach of the regulations could leave them open to a heavier punishment, including a ban from European competition.

Dispensation can be given to clubs to run up bigger losses than those laid out by UEFA, but any team that has been punished within the last three years cannot apply, ruling out PSG and City.

More negative bullshit (FFP) headline stories (from the Daily Mirror) about City.

The f***er is over in Nashville ready to report on the match as well. I look forward to his fair, honest and unbiased report on the match.

No link.

Manchester City's £217m transfer splurge alerts Financial Fair Play watchdog — and could see them banned from Europe

The Blues were fined by UEFA in 2014 over FFP and a second breach of the rules would bring a more severe penalty

Manchester City are back on UEFA’s Financial Fair Play radar after their spectacular £217- million summer spending spree, writes Steve Bates in Nashville .

There’s no suggestion either PSG or City have stepped out of line – but, if the Blues were to land Sanchez, it would push their spending towards £300m in transfer fees alone.

That would certainly alert UEFA’s FFP watchdog, who are already keeping a close eye on PSG’s potential world-record deal for Neymar.

Andrea Traverso, who leads UEFA’s FFP watchdog, says clubs like PSG and City will have to tread even more carefully, as a second breach of the regulations could leave them open to a heavier punishment, including a ban from European competition.

Dispensation can be given to clubs to run up bigger losses than those laid out by UEFA, but any team that has been punished within the last three years cannot apply, ruling out PSG and City.

More negative bullshit (FFP) headline stories (from the Daily Mirror) about City.

The f***er is over in Nashville ready to report on the match as well. I look forward to his fair, honest and unbiased report on the match.

Oh that fat scum Fcuker no surprise there with his bitter comic article

No link.

Everyone is running it. None of them suggest we've done anything wrong or are in danger of exceeding our limits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.