Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is all fair enough bluemoonmatt and I have absolutely no issue with you saying I defend the indefensible.

The forum is all about opinions and although naturally I think I am correct (or I would not argue the point) I do see things like circling red seats, the BBC calling Pete the badge a Bertie etc which Infuriates me as much as anybody and understandably lends weight to peoples argument about the media being against us.

You say your somewhere inbetween and there is a good chance that is probably where the truth lies.

To mcfc1632 keep posting on the forum if you believe there is bias, as that is your right. However it is a forum so do not be offended if you get challenged on your view as I have tonight on mine. Were all blues just and with so many posters there will always be people who view things differently.
If you chuck in the disparity of the mirrors reports on the lukaku and Walker deals I think we're getting towards a full set. In my mind it really isn't media bias, at least not against us, if online newspapers (for example) lead with pogshit tapping up neymar on the same day we hammer real, with a (in fairness even handed) report tucked somewhere down the page. The trouble is when we get upset about literally everything, as ric said, our arguments or complaints are somewhat cheapened when it comes to serious stuff (Pete the badge being the best example). It's risible to think we benefit from the same generous press that our rivals do certainly the rags. However I came on here yesterday to argue the point that we really need not foam at the mouth cos talk sport or Ssn haven't mentioned our friendly win, or someone's drawn a (fairly funny tbf) cartoon, cos when the mirror or the Beeb or whoever take a totally unreasonable swipe at us probably a few days before the derby, and we're rightfully incensed all we will be seen as is moaning City fans whinging again.

The casual football fan is influenced by the media. They have impressions created by motd , sky and the the gutter.
So it is no surprise that they see us as , Johnny come lateley's , empty seat, oil rich, sugar daddy lottery winners.

Most serious intelligent people see through it.
There are agendas and bias throughout the media, why would we be exempt
This man gets it, brainwash the masses, to keep our fanbase from rising too much....Non-footballing family, young lad asks dad to take him to a game, dad looks at media, sees the raggy wankathon and how nasty City are..... where's he going to take his kid? Not to us ....media job done.

This man gets it, brainwash the masses, to keep our fanbase from rising too much....Non-footballing family, young lad asks dad to take him to a game, dad looks at media, sees the raggy wankathon and how nasty City are..... where's he going to take his kid? Not to us ....media job done.

Sterling's a "twat", Stones a "liability",not interested in "kids", Aguero "off to Chelsea", "offshore payments".

All these I have had quoted to me by people when I tell them I am a city fan. They are all biased gutter press and Sky announcements.
And then the Monaco "complaint to Fifa".
Garbage.

If anyone knows anything about agenda setting and the media, they would soon realise what is happening here.

For instance, count how many times the total spending this Summer for City is shared on Sky Talkshite etc. 100 times a day. This is an example of agenda setting. This in turn constructs the reality for people...

Last edited:
Sort of City related in view of the slagging off we get about empty seats. Last night Talkshite had a reporter at the Everton Eurovision Song Contest match and in waiting for the teams to come out he described the scene of a packed sell out crowd, bar empty seats in the away section that housed '60 fans'. They were waiting to hear the crowd reaction to the teams arrival on the pitch and the 'Rooney' chants, which he said were loud. Firstly, I couldn't hear any 'Rooney' chants and when I saw the news this morning, the whole lower tier of the main stand was empty. Donald Trump is a twat, but I have to agree with him about fake news at times!

I think its funny how every summer there is always one player transfer that gets dragged theought thw summer, 2014 sterling 2015 KdB 2016 Stone. this year Sanchez.
last summer, it was more about what to expect from Pep,
At the end they end up signing with us. And I think Sanchez willl end up signing with us, right before the first game.

Sort of City related in view of the slagging off we get about empty seats. Last night Talkshite had a reporter at the Everton Eurovision Song Contest match and in waiting for the teams to come out he described the scene of a packed sell out crowd, bar empty seats in the away section that housed '60 fans'. They were waiting to hear the crowd reaction to the teams arrival on the pitch and the 'Rooney' chants, which he said were loud. Firstly, I couldn't hear any 'Rooney' chants and when I saw the news this morning, the whole lower tier of the main stand was empty. Donald Trump is a twat, but I have to agree with him about fake news at times!

I watched a bit of that game, the only areas which was pretty full was the ends, I bet there was less then 30k

Sterling's a "twat", Stones a "liability",not interested in "kids", Aguero "off to Chelsea", "offshore payments".

All these I have had quoted to me by people when I tell them I am a city fan. They are all biased gutter press and Sky announcements.
And then the Monaco "complaint to Fifa".
Garbage.

If anyone knows anything about agenda setting and the media, they would soon realise what is happening here.

For instance, count how many times the total spending this Summer for City is shared on Sky Talkshite etc. 100 times a day. This is an example of agenda setting. This in turn constructs the reality for people...

Football is no different to any other walk of society. There are people who are proper fans and understand what they are talking about, and then there are sheep who just join the crowd and listen to the easiest source of information to make out that they have a clue about the subject.

You could replace football with politics and you would have exactly the same outcome. People following the headline and ignoring the facts. Brexit and the recent elections proved that!

Personally, if I was having a conversation with someone about football and they just kept repeating the media bullshit then I'd soon realise they are not worth talking to about football and change the subject.

Also, any Blue who actually gives a shit about what some armchair, Irish, Rag-supporter called Seamus thinks about City needs to give their head a wobble.

Football is no different to any other walk of society. There are people who are proper fans and understand what they are talking about, and then there are sheep who just join the crowd and listen to the easiest source of information to make out that they have a clue about the subject.

You could replace football with politics and you would have exactly the same outcome. People following the headline and ignoring the facts. Brexit and the recent elections proved that!

Personally, if I was having a conversation with someone about football and they just kept repeating the media bullshit then I'd soon realise they are not worth talking to about football and change the subject.

Also, any Blue who actually gives a shit about what some armchair, Irish, Rag-supporter called Seamus thinks about City needs to give their head a wobble.

We are in agreement. There are the people who believe the reality that is constructed for them, but more dangerous are those that construct the reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.