Media Thread 2017/18

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by mat, 14 Jul 2017.

1. BlueAnorak

BlueAnorak

I think the Premier League has to change the rules so it's no points for a draw or defeat and 1 point for a win and 1 point for scoring each goal up to a maximum of 2. The defending in PL games this season has got ridiculous. This would lead to the following points dispersal:
    0-0 = 0 pts/0 pts.
    1-0 = 2 pts / 0 pts.
    2-0 (or greater) = 3 pts / 0 pts.
    2-1 (or greater 3-1, 4,1 etc ) = 3 pts / 1 pt.
    2-2 (or better 3-3, 4.4 etc) = 2 pts / 2pts.
    3-2 (or greater 4-2, 5-3 etc) = 3 pts / 2pts.
    Defending in depth and parking the bus would therefore be penalised more often than not.

2. bluealf

bluealf

EX, he didn't/doesn't like our owners and went to mini me utd but somebody said the other day he is now following somebody else but can't remember who.

3. BJL_City

BJL_City

na, no points for a draw or defeat and a point for every goal scored. Then everyone can come and lose 9-2 and we can be entertained.

4. Wreckless Alec

Wreckless Alec

One thing's for sure, if we do win, by Monday morning, there will be a million reasons why the dippers should have and would have won if only....And will we give a shit ?

5. blue b4 the moon

blue b4 the moon

Ha can just imagine WBA etc playing 1-1-8 and taking a 25-3 scoreline as a victory.....for that reason that sort of points per goal will never happen.

6. BJL_City

BJL_City

it's beautiful, now we have Pep. Under Pearce, we'd want 10 points for 0-0 such was our inadequacy.

7. mac

mac

I think the tv companies should award their money based on entertainment value and goals scored.

8. journolud

journolud

So what would the table look like on that basis? I presume you have worked it out

9. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

What use would that be? We'd have been better off with a bonus point for only losing by 2 goals or less.

10. Gaz1105

Gaz1105

The drivetime phone in is comical right now, some of the shite these horrible bin dipping fans are spouting is comedy gold, such score predications have been 4-1, 3-0, 3-1 and their reasonings are as follows:

We’ve got van dijk
    We didn’t want coutinho anyway
    City have a worse defence than us
    Salah is fit
    We should of been 3-0 up at the Etihad before the sending off .....

Is it not reported we have the least shots against us and goals conceded in the league this season? Pep will have his plan, and centre midfield is where we will boss it just like against spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal. I want to win this more than I did the derby, the media cumfest over Liverpool sickens me, their hypocritical, delusional fans need silencing this Sunday and to quote our former gaffer I would love it if we beat them, love it