Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Net spend is for losers who compete in the "shareholder dividend trophy"

Our net spend will always be high because we don't sell our best players

Very true... the main point was that the BBC for some reason showed a 2 yr table ....which had City top... whereas a 1 year, as in the season they mentioned....had the rags top

The 'Cost Per Point' analysis and reporting has only surfaced in recent weeks as we began to systematically smash all previous records set in the Premier League. In my 50+ years of watching football I have never seen it mentioned beforehand. The obvious question is just exactly why has it all of a sudden become a measure of success? It is the somewhat last and desperate stick the media are scraping around to find to beat us with.

I reckon it is virtually certain that the rags will out spend us in the summer in a vain effort to stay on our coat tails. Let's see if the 'Cost Per Point' analysis is highlighted and wheeled out then?

It's laughable - it really is! However, I'm just about to leave the house to go and watch the trophy or should that be trophies parade in town.
Lovin'g it ;-

You're spot on fella, enjoy the parade

From CIES Football Observatory ..

BEST PERFORMING PLAYERS FROM THE BIG FIVE LEAGUES

1) Lionel Messi - Barcelona - 92.12

2) David Silva - Manchester City - 91.69

3) Paulo Dybala - Juventus - 91.37

4) Sergio Aguero - Manchester City - 90.48

5) Nicolas Otamendi - Manchester City - 90.47

6) Mohamed Salah - Liverpool - 90.45

= Fernandinho - Manchester City - 90.45

8) Kevin De Bruyne - Manchester City - 90.14

9) Raheem Sterling - Manchester City - 89.76

10) Robert Lewandowski - Bayern Munich - 89.61

11) Kalidou Koulibaly - Napoli - 89.17

12) Harry Kane - Tottenham - 89.02

13) James Rodriguez - Bayern Munich - 88.97

14) Jorginho - Napoli - 88.74

15) Miralem Pjanic - Juventus - 88.67

16) Lorenzo Insigne - Napoli - 88.58

= Cristiano Ronaldo - Real Madrid - 88.58

18) Marek Hamsik - Napoli - 88.53

19) Raul Albiol - Napoli - 88.46

20) Ivan Rakitic - Barcelona - 88.18

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ayers-Europes-five-leagues.html#ixzz5FUrmb9Pf
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

From CIES Football Observatory ..

BEST PERFORMING PLAYERS FROM THE BIG FIVE LEAGUES

1) Lionel Messi - Barcelona - 92.12

2) David Silva - Manchester City - 91.69

3) Paulo Dybala - Juventus - 91.37

4) Sergio Aguero - Manchester City - 90.48

5) Nicolas Otamendi - Manchester City - 90.47

6) Mohamed Salah - Liverpool - 90.45

= Fernandinho - Manchester City - 90.45

8) Kevin De Bruyne - Manchester City - 90.14

9) Raheem Sterling - Manchester City - 89.76

10) Robert Lewandowski - Bayern Munich - 89.61

11) Kalidou Koulibaly - Napoli - 89.17

12) Harry Kane - Tottenham - 89.02

13) James Rodriguez - Bayern Munich - 88.97

14) Jorginho - Napoli - 88.74

15) Miralem Pjanic - Juventus - 88.67

16) Lorenzo Insigne - Napoli - 88.58

= Cristiano Ronaldo - Real Madrid - 88.58

18) Marek Hamsik - Napoli - 88.53

19) Raul Albiol - Napoli - 88.46

20) Ivan Rakitic - Barcelona - 88.18

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ayers-Europes-five-leagues.html#ixzz5FUrmb9Pf
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

This is what I love about this forum. When the BBC write a cost to points analysis and the results are not favourable to ourselves its rightly ridiculed and evidence of an agenda.

When the Daily Mail print a stupid article comparing the performances of centre halfs and centre forwards (apples and pears spring to mind) and it ridiculously states Otamendis performance were better than Mo Salahs we should read it.

Both stupidly pointless pieces.

This is what I love about this forum. When the BBC write a cost to points analysis and the results are not favourable to ourselves its rightly ridiculed and evidence of an agenda.

When the Daily Mail print a stupid article comparing the performances of centre halfs and centre forwards (apples and pears spring to mind) and it ridiculously states Otamendis performance were better than Mo Salahs we should read it.

Half an hours work by some sad rag in media city isn't quite the same as this by CIES.

I understand (and support) your underlying point of supporter observation and perception bias, but that Daily Mail article is just a regurgitation of the CIES index rankings, which is meant to be a normalised assessment framework for player performance, specifically so forwards, midfielders, defenders, and goalkeepers can be compared.

@franksinatra
@Didsbury Dave
Where are u?
Let's be 'avin u!
We need to hear u on the non existent media coverage the Centurions are getting compared to our rivals who are making all the headlines.

Its hardly not been mentioned and our record breaking achievements and performances have been documented all season. Lifting the league, breaking the goal record etc have all been written about over the last couple of weeks but like anything it cannot last forever.

I actually think if anyone should be peeved it should be Wenger as him leaving after 22 years should draw a bit more attention. Been a collosus of english football for such a long period

I understand (and support) your underlying point of supporter observation and perception bias, but that Daily Mail article is just a regurgitation of the CIES index rankings, which is meant to be a normalised assessment framework for player performance, specifically so forwards, midfielders, defenders, and goalkeepers can be compared.

Yes it is a regurgitated story. But lets be totally honest that regurgitation by the Daily mail article and the results of the CIES index would be roundly ridiculed if it did not find favour in our players.

The actual method of comparison is another competely different debate.

Yes it is a regurgitated story. But lets be totally honest that regurgitation by the Daily mail article and the results of the CIES index would be roundly ridiculed if it did not find favour in our players.

The actual method of comparison is another competely different debate.
No point in arguing something we agree on. I also think the CIES index is dubious but that’s only because it firmly sits in the confines of my profession so I am bit more interested in the methodology than most.

That said, I do think there is an agenda (based on many causes, not just ‘the UK media hates us’, mind) and it is more and more difficult to argue against that as time passes and evidence presents itself. And that’s from someone that places a large premium on objectivity and qualitative/quantitative analysis (again, it is my profession).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.