Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just remind yourself who owns Liverpool FC.
Boston Red Sox owners - but let's just say NY is to Boston what Liverpool is to Manchester. But according to Pablo ZZZ, Rory Smith's a scouser fan so there you have it. Sometimes the easy explanation says it all.

Very poor article in the NY Times about Man City and Liverpool by so4. me dude who is apparently their football correspondent in Manchester. It starts off: "sometimes the easy explanation tells the whole story" and proceeds to blame Liverpool's collapse purely on injuries and failure to strengthen in the summer.

Ignorantly ignoring the fact that
1. We have been without arguably the best midfielder and best striker in the history of the Premier League
2. VVD is the only meaningful miss. Gomez and Matip are mediocre at best and Thiago's injuries probably benefitted Liverpool given his quality (or lack of it) when he has played.
3. Comparing our last season to Liverpool's current is bogus. He should be comparing our title defence in 2018/19
4. Of course citing the money we have spent, apparently oblivious of the fact that VVD and Allison both cost more than any City signing (and of course he quotes the bogus Dias transfer fee)

I'd like to say Yanks should stick to baseball, except the English press are arguably even worse!
As in Australia it’s all to feed their hordes. When Basil fucking zemplas does the sport roundup on channel 7 news his voice goes all simpering when he introduces a ‘big 4’ victory, everyone else gets the same dull, unemotional tone and lack of enthusiasm. The dippers toured Oz a couple of years ago and scouse plastics were all over the news telling us how long they’d loved LFC, how many Stevie Me duvet covers they had, singing their god forsaken anthem . You could be forgiven for forgetting there are tens of thousands more just in Perth that hate the cunts. My football club alone out of about 50 of us there are about four dipper fans, there are four blues. most of the lads we play against probably the same about 5%

Last edited:
Well there you go, wake up, put on BBC, unlike and maybe I'm unlucky, when City win straight away Salty Sally appears.

Does she talk about the tennis? Straight to the rags and record X years into the quarter finals....then we get the same racist story but this time about one of their lady players. So that's to me saying that there's a major issue with raggy fans as it must be close to home only happening when they lose.

Just my early morning Victor moment.

Well there you go, wake up, put on BBC, unlike and maybe I'm unlucky, when City win straight away Salty Sally appears.

Does she talk about the tennis? Straight to the rags and record X years into the quarter finals....then we get the same racist story but this time about one of their lady players. So that's to me saying that there's a major issue with raggy fans as it must be close to home only happening when they lose.

Just my early morning Victor moment.

She was gushing today about the vermin. What does qualifying for the quarters for the last 7 years even signify?

Re the girl for the ladyrags why would you abuse your own player especially in that manner? Plastic dregs.

Salty Sall was squealing over the Wrexham takeover being confirmed. More american owners the better eh?

Local news has also remembered football exists this morning. Expect the usual amnesia tomorrow!

She was gushing today about the vermin. What does qualifying for the quarters for the last 7 years even signify?

Re the girl for the ladyrags why would you abuse your own player especially in that manner? Plastic dregs.

Salty Sall was squealing over the Wrexham takeover being confirmed. More american owners the better eh?

Local news has also remembered football exists this morning. Expect the usual amnesia tomorrow!

There was a time when reaching the quarterfinals was the highlight of our season.

How the mighty have fallen.

He needs to make sure he doesn't sneak off knobbing birds or get caught on the Hippy Crack or whatever.

Point taken but you’re doing that thing that people do on here, overplaying the significance of online football articles/click bait. The media with the biggest reach and biggest ability to “hype” is TV, with MOTD, Sky, Football Focus, MNF etc followed by radio with Radio 5 and Talksport. Sometimes just a few little montages on MOTD, or a single impressive performance like Sunday’s or a match winning one for England, are all it takes for a football “truism” to take root as the accepted truth amongst 80% of football supporters.

Foden elevated himself to “next Paul Gasgoine” territory amongst neutrals on Sunday and a few stunning goals or dribbles for the highlights over the next few months will cement it.

The irony for me, who watches him every week and has seen it coming, whilst he did some brilliant things on Sunday he wasn’t even our Man of The Match. For me is was Bernado! But he’s not English or 20.

There’s clickbait and there’s clickbait.

There are random bloggers posting click bait and perhaps - well, not perhaps - that gets attention on here it does not deserve.

But a lot of Sky and Talksport’s material is also clickbait, because they get millions of people in Asia to click on links to pieces on, say, Rashford or Salah which they don’t get from features about Foden. And that’s all revenue they don’t get, because their target audience isn’t interested in England or City, but by recycling something about the rags or dippers that they speak about on air for five minutes they can earn twice for the same production cost.

I sort of half agree with you about the MOTM on Sunday. Bernardo was I think the one whose overall contribution was the greater, whereas Foden was anonymous for large sections of the game, but popped up with five or six moments that were or potentially were game changing moments - his shot fir the first goal (note the quick feet on that) the ball in for the Stones offside goal, the penalty claim that got ignored, the assist for the second goal and of course the fourth goal. It’s like he mostly jogged but then put in bursts of sprint, whereas Bernardo kept a consistent high pace throughout the game.

Last edited:
Yes it’s odd that tennis is further down the order on Breakfast isn’t it today? She even had to be told to mention who United were playing as she omitted this from her report.

On Monday I watched the BBC sports news to see how they and silly Sally would respond to our victory over Liverpool. It was the fifth and final item, and concentrated on Liverpool.
This morning I decided to check it again, the first item was Manchester United, followed by a second item about Manchester United Ladies. There was little time for anything else.

Does @franksinatra think this is fair, equitable reporting and I am being paranoid in thinking there must be a bias at play?

I only watched it as a response to some posters on here and will not be going back anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.