Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Monday I watched the BBC sports news to see how they and silly Sally would respond to our victory over Liverpool. It was the fifth and final item, and concentrated on Liverpool.
This morning I decided to check it again, the first item was Manchester United, followed by a second item about Manchester United Ladies. There was little time for anything else.

Does @franksinatra think this is fair, equitable reporting and I am being paranoid in thinking there must be a bias at play?

I only watched it as a response to some posters on here and will not be going back anytime soon.
Silly Sally was on form at the Kremlin this morning after a famous United win !

Very poor article in the NY Times about Man City and Liverpool by so4. me dude who is apparently their football correspondent in Manchester. It starts off: "sometimes the easy explanation tells the whole story" and proceeds to blame Liverpool's collapse purely on injuries and failure to strengthen in the summer.

Ignorantly ignoring the fact that
1. We have been without arguably the best midfielder and best striker in the history of the Premier League
2. VVD is the only meaningful miss. Gomez and Matip are mediocre at best and Thiago's injuries probably benefitted Liverpool given his quality (or lack of it) when he has played.
3. Comparing our last season to Liverpool's current is bogus. He should be comparing our title defence in 2018/19
4. Of course citing the money we have spent, apparently oblivious of the fact that VVD and Allison both cost more than any City signing (and of course he quotes the bogus Dias transfer fee)

I'd like to say Yanks should stick to baseball, except the English press are arguably even worse!
He was very pro Liverpool when he covered the whole NW for the Telegraph. Not much to write about with Liverpool in those days.
Was replaced by the odious Mark Ogden who took bias to a higher level.

Well there you go, wake up, put on BBC, unlike and maybe I'm unlucky, when City win straight away Salty Sally appears.

Does she talk about the tennis? Straight to the rags and record X years into the quarter finals....then we get the same racist story but this time about one of their lady players. So that's to me saying that there's a major issue with raggy fans as it must be close to home only happening when they lose.

Just my early morning Victor moment.
Waking early on a cold morning is bit of a bastard. Tennis, rugby and cricket all had priority on Monday after a very newsworthy result.

Come on, we all know the behind thedoor deal United and the BBC agreed after the BBC upset Fergie and United.

United. We’ll talk to you again(BBC), but on our terms.

Now you can add Neil Ashton.

Chief Football Reporter Neil Ashton has left The Sun to become a PR adviser for Manchester United.

Bar Liverpool, I doubt their is another club with such an aggressive PR and media team as United
Liverpool and Utd can afford to have aggressive PR and media team. They are in a position of strength. Ferguson used to ban journos he didn't like. So they all had to fall into line or they couldn't do their jobs properly. City just don't have the fan base to worry the media as to whether they are banned or not.

I can remember when the Anfield Wrap’s Neil Atkinson and Melissa Reddy trotted out their nonsensical “long grass” excuse after we beat them in January 2019, as if City were the long ball outfit and somehow wanted to stymie Liverpool’s silky passing and possession based game.
It was roundly and almost universally ridiculed for what it was, counterfactual bullshit from utterly deluded cult members.
The only person to defend it was Rory Smith who got the hump and became very defensive after seeing the football world was laughing at his personal friend and occasional colleague
At least the likes of Delaney are transparent in their hatred. Smith is a different breed of snake altogether
Yeh I remember that - hilarious stuff - but don't think I saw the Rory Smith defence at the time. Unlike me actually because I look out for it with Smith all the time. Agree totally he is a different breed of snake...

Atkinson is a good broadcaster (and a ****) - very good on general football matters, talks a good game on Liverpool when he is, well, speaking, as a lIverpool fan for the general football world. You know, when he is on his best behaviour and not in cult mode. Ironically, he comes out with a fair bit of positive stuff about City when he is spewing his hyperbole and I find that hilarious. Example " this is the best Liverpool team of my lifetime (he's about 40 I think) and probably the best Liverpool team of all time" but then he knows he has to frame it against City when he goes on to the next step "maybe the best teams English football has ever seen". Love it :)

Liverpool and Utd can afford to have aggressive PR and media team. They are in a position of strength. Ferguson used to ban journos he didn't like. So they all had to fall into line or they couldn't do their jobs properly. City just don't have the fan base to worry the media as to whether they are banned or not.
Agreed but the fan base observation shouldn’t stop us from banning those we don’t want. Our fan base does not engage with their stories so we are not denying our own fans a communication source, more to the point for our benefit the club will be stifling certain organisations, thereby any subsequent reporting will be totally discredited as speculation or sensationalisation and would put us in stronger position to legally challenge.
My desire would be for our sponsors to buy up some of these organisations or better still branch out into Media and buy their businesses and burn them down

Yeh I remember that - hilarious stuff - but don't think I saw the Rory Smith defence at the time. Unlike me actually because I look out for it with Smith all the time. Agree totally he is a different breed of snake...

Atkinson is a good broadcaster (and a ****) - very good on general football matters, talks a good game on Liverpool when he is, well, speaking, as a lIverpool fan for the general football world. You know, when he is on his best behaviour and not in cult mode. Ironically, he comes out with a fair bit of positive stuff about City when he is spewing his hyperbole and I find that hilarious. Example " this is the best Liverpool team of my lifetime (he's about 40 I think) and probably the best Liverpool team of all time" but then he knows he has to frame it against City when he goes on to the next step "maybe the best teams English football has ever seen". Love it :)
He wrote an epic Twitter thread defending his mate, totally ignoring the fact that longer grass would suit Klopp’s upmarket Pulisball rather than City’s passing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.