Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
There we have the first indication Peps comment yesterday have given the media oxygen. Arsenal blogger on R5 says “as Pep says, they have unlimited funds” (paraphrased). No correction from presenter of course.
I hope Pep and the club were in control of him saying what he did.
I understand the power of taking the narrative but I’m also sure there are plenty of journos rubbing their hands for the next chance to link the money spent with where it “came from”...
How does he answer that? He was quite careful in only mentioning his 4 years and not prior spending. But that’s far too sophisticated an argument. I hope he’s not played right into a game of never ending whataboutery. Abu Dhabi petrodollars are far worse than Dubai petrodollars, pot noodle dollars, Russian mafia dollars, Iranian dollars, Saudi dollars, US laundered dollars, offshore dollars .... Very difficult to control that unless he just goes back to monosyllabic Pep.
Let’s hope we’ve thought it through.
Sarcasm used to be one of the best traits of the British, however, reality tv, social media, millennials etc have dumbed a big percentage of the nation down. A foreigner (Pep) is clearly taking the piss and these dumb fucks can't even recognise it - embarrassing.

There we have the first indication Peps comment yesterday have given the media oxygen. Arsenal blogger on R5 says “as Pep says, they have unlimited funds” (paraphrased). No correction from presenter of course.
I hope Pep and the club were in control of him saying what he did.
I understand the power of taking the narrative but I’m also sure there are plenty of journos rubbing their hands for the next chance to link the money spent with where it “came from”...
How does he answer that? He was quite careful in only mentioning his 4 years and not prior spending. But that’s far too sophisticated an argument. I hope he’s not played right into a game of never ending whataboutery. Abu Dhabi petrodollars are far worse than Dubai petrodollars, pot noodle dollars, Russian mafia dollars, Iranian dollars, Saudi dollars, US laundered dollars, offshore dollars .... Very difficult to control that unless he just goes back to monosyllabic Pep.
Let’s hope we’ve thought it through.
I would be tempted to tell them to read the accounts which have been audited and cleared by CAS with a sarcastic 'as l am sure you know'.

Incredible ....the BBC running headline sports story on the serial assaulter... the notorious Welsh manager.

this alleged criminal and alleged sexual predator evidently never played for a club team.
And it has now mysteriously disappeared from both the news and sports home pages. It's been buried on the Welsh news page:

Sarcasm used to be one of the best traits of the British, however, reality tv, social media, millennials etc have dumbed a big percentage of the nation down. A foreigner (Pep) is clearly taking the piss and these dumb fucks can't even recognise it - embarrassing.
You're spot on there. The press know exactly the Pep is being sarcastic. The press also know the UK is full of Bennys who will belive everything they write. Sad reflection of society.

What's this obsession Sly Sports have with "who can stop Manchester City?"

Of course this is a rhetorical question.

However, I've cast my mind back to Last season and I can't recall one game where the dippers went into it with the tag line attached #stopLiverpool

It was regarded as a foregone conclusion that the dippers would win and win comfortably.

Could you imagine the pre-match build up in the media if it was the rags or dippers going for their twentieth consecutive win?

What's this obsession Sly Sports have with "who can stop Manchester City?"

Of course this is a rhetorical question.

However, I've cast my mind back to Last season and I can't recall one game where the dippers went into it with the tag line attached #stopLiverpool

It was regarded as a foregone conclusion that the dippers would win and win comfortably.

Could you imagine the pre-match build up in the media if it was the rags or dippers going for their twentieth consecutive win?
BBC too. Every game now will be pre-faced with "Can West Ham (or whoever) stop City's winning run..."

Predictable and once again the underlying narrative is City winning game after game is boring, bad for the game, needs to end asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.