Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keyes really goading Nicky Summerbee last night on the point that Pep hasn’t succeeded at City because of the CL performances. I was hoping Nicky would put him in his box which he attempted to do at first but then I got the impression that someone in his ear asked him to reign it in....

Gary Lineker last night on MoTD referred to headlines in Sunday morning papers, that said City were looking to buy "both Haaland and Messi". Micah Richards was gleeful. As per usual with BBC gossip column, a positive article about us is tried to be airbrushed from existence.

There was no mention of the story referred by Lineker, but only that:
"Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola's uneasy relationship with agent Mino Raiola will not prevent the club from trying to sign his 20-year-old client, Norway striker Erling Braut Haaland"
The BBC then incorrectly linked to a separate Mirror story about City being interested in a Real Sociadad player, Alexander Isak, nothing to do with either Haaland or Messi:

I dug round and found the correct "Exclusive" article by Simon Mullock about our interest in both Haaland and Messi:

The supposedly independent BBC gossip column repeatedly tries to suppress and distort any positive media articles that slip through the net of pro Liverpool and United articles.

The club should have a media publicity department that tries to address this issue and rebalance the negative publicity that our club constantly faces.

Keyes really goading Nicky Summerbee last night on the point that Pep hasn’t succeeded at City because of the CL performances. I was hoping Nicky would put him in his box which he attempted to do at first but then I got the impression that someone in his ear asked him to reign it in....
Bang on about the ear piece, you can almost see the point where his Face changes as he is told to agree and move on.
This should be remembered for all the other formats and Nedum said as much about having a guy in your ear saying you have 30 seconds wrap it up and that is after some dinosaur has waffled for 5mins

BBC’s expert analysis; they have a deep squad and have made on average 5 changes per game this season.

Please show me the Liverpool first team player who cost less than £1m (Zinchenko) or is from the academy (Foden).

Our bench prowess is comically overrated when we’re doing well.

Aguero has been injured for a full year and looks a shadow of his former self, Mendy isn’t even a footballer, Fernandinho doesn’t have the attributes he did 24 months ago.

Shame we haven’t got record breaking analysis to go alongside Pep’s era of dominance. The footballing media in this country is filled with potatoes, an absolute joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.