Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s getting boring now Ric, pedantic semantics n all that. You win, the club are doing a wonderful job at protecting our reputation, nobody more so than Kloss and heggie, goodnight
I agree it’s getting boring. You’re still arguing points that I’ve never made though. Ah well. You seem to thrive on arguments on here tbh.

City fans were universally applauded for sticking with their team particularly through the lean years and down the divisions. All we we had was a sense of dark gallows humour and the hope that we couldn't get any worse. At this time the media tolerated us like a faithful labrador that might disgrace itself occasionally but would always roll on its belly for a tickle and an old bone.

The unthinkable happened and we landed a proper rich sugardaddy not like our Thai human rights enthusiast friend! Cook and Mancini spent like money was going out of fashion. Parry and Gill dreamt up FFP to strangle the new oil rich upstarts at birth. All they succeeded in doing was slamming the door closed for most other clubs who wanted to emulate our success. They gambled with UEFA and played the CAS card . We were completely exonerated of any financial 'doping' though that's not what you'd understand from our venal media.

Our reputation as a club and as fans has been trampled into the ground by the constant smear campaigns and deliberate lies. People talk about us playing the long game and having more people in the media in the next few years to put across our point of view. That sounds like the correct way. But it's not going to right itself instantly.

Ally Mccoist as a co commentator on our game last week was a breath of fresh air. But in praising him it highlighted what a very insipid bunch of ex pros there are are, few of them will do us any favours. Micah brought up our big squad but tried to qualify it by inferring it had a depth of quality. But he does feel the need to sometimes play comedy foil and pander to the red agenda. At the same time you've got Stephen Warnock and danny mills who are dire!

The agenda setters are people like Tyler and Darke along with Neville Spit and mcminimum. Do you ever hear any host or anchor pull these up when there in full bullshit mode?

I accept the club can't control the press in full Orwellian style nor would I want that but it would be nice if we could occasionally be more forceful in combating the mendatious nature of the media dribble.

I wonder if the shit media is helping us keep the world's best manager ever.
He has a fantastic understanding of motivation being a great driver to achieve great things.
He knows how to mentally play the media as seen this week in the money press conference, he knows he's far better than Klopp and what's his response when the awards are given to Klopp, he can either have a hissy fit or as he has done play every other team off the park.
He's making them look mug's, same with individual award's, he knows he has fantastic players but it's his praise they want as a team not a BBC spoty award.
I think Pep never expected or experienced anything like our press and our good fortune is that they have put a fire in his guts that will keep him motivated for a good time yet.
Yes I read it, yes it pisses me off but I know we are the best squad of players, playing fantastic football and managed by the greatest manager in the modern era.

City fans were universally applauded for sticking with their team particularly through the lean years and down the divisions. All we we had was a sense of dark gallows humour and the hope that we couldn't get any worse. At this time the media tolerated us like a faithful labrador that might disgrace itself occasionally but would always roll on its belly for a tickle and an old bone.

The unthinkable happened and we landed a proper rich sugardaddy not like our Thai human rights enthusiast friend! Cook and Mancini spent like money was going out of fashion. Parry and Gill dreamt up FFP to strangle the new oil rich upstarts at birth. All they succeeded in doing was slamming the door closed for most other clubs who wanted to emulate our success. They gambled with UEFA and played the CAS card . We were completely exonerated of any financial 'doping' though that's not what you'd understand from our venal media.

Our reputation as a club and as fans has been trampled into the ground by the constant smear campaigns and deliberate lies. People talk about us playing the long game and having more people in the media in the next few years to put across our point of view. That sounds like the correct way. But it's not going to right itself instantly.

Ally Mccoist as a co commentator on our game last week was a breath of fresh air. But in praising him it highlighted what a very insipid bunch of ex pros there are are, few of them will do us any favours. Micah brought up our big squad but tried to qualify it by inferring it
The absolute state of this servile, toadying, lickspittle fuck knuckle

View attachment 11424

Has he published his pamphlet length book on Ollie yet? I'd expect it to be written in crayon!

On football focus yesterday the knob who presents it, Dan someone? said we had made changes but our bench had over 350 millions worth of talent on it. What had that got to do with anything?

Later someone else mentioned similar and said West Ham's first team had cost less than one million to assemble. Is that correct?? One million for a premier league team??

Firstly our squad isn't bigger than anybody else's. Everyone has the same size squad, we're not allowed to have more players than other club's.

Secondly the squad has been built up over the years. By constantly harping on about how much it costs they give the illusion we spent that amount in one season, which is why they say it.

Thirdly we are constrained by ffp like every other club. We spend what we earn and in spite of all the lies and mud slinging this was proven in a court.

They need to be called out on it, shut up about it and fuck right off. I wonder if the size and costs of the two squads will be mentioned in the Chavs v rags game today? I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.