Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
People seem to forget that Manchester United & Liverpool are English Football, hence the reason they can screen premier league executives, cheat, pay off, tap up & everything else without repercussions.

so in that way our success is damaging English football.
Good, I hope it does.

De Bruyne...

Even Garth couldn’t squeeze a United player in this week.

Again he proves he doesn’t watch the games. Kev did deliver the glorious pass for Dias to score, but apart from that he was very rusty. Not as Crooks describes “The Belgium international then proceeded to spray the ball around all afternoon and looked majestic doing it.”

De Bruyne...

Even Garth couldn’t squeeze a United player in this week.
Amazing... I never expected that back 4 all to be included... wonder what they all had in common....

I can't remember which pod it was, but he was adamant in the interview that although United approached Blackburn, they never followed their interest up by speaking to him. I presume it will still be on record because I think it possibly on 'Off The Ball' or one produced by the same radio station. What reason would he have to lie about it, I would think the propaganda unit at rag central would have it all over the media if they prove otherwise.

Again he proves he doesn’t watch the games. Kev did deliver the glorious pass for Dias to score, but apart from that he was very rusty. Not as Crooks describes “The Belgium international then proceeded to spray the ball around all afternoon and looked majestic doing it.”
He did spray it round
Just they all went to West Ham players!

Yes the figures are subjective. Interestingly CIES Football Observatory came to the same conclusion as transfer market last year. Still best estimate but based on an algorithm using multiple data points.

Completely disagree they are inflated to make Liverpool look good. The "valuable" list has been used frequently against us as well as "most expensive". Hence I like the idea of the media (chance in a million) hammering poor little Liverpool for their excuses when in fact they have the most valuable squad.

Only legacy players pre-Pep are Dinho and Aguero (both on their last legs) with Sterling and KDB from 15/16.

The only true transfer figures are those booked in the accounts.

Aggregate amortisation for the 5 seasons from 14/15 to 18/19:

United £576 million
City £547 million
Chelsea £523 million
Liverpool £373 Million
Arsenal £366 Million.

If you add wages the totals are:

United £1.903
City £1.778
Chelsea £1.771
Liverpool £1.529
Arsenal £1.407

After profits on transfers the list remains in the same order.
This post deserves more attention. It gets to the heart of the finances. Tried doing something similar and included agent fees. Really difficult to work out. Well done.
There must be a full analysis somewhere which reflects all this?
Would love to see a full spread sheet that could be updated...

Can’t get this idea that unless a team wins a champions league they can’t be considered a great side,absolutely baffling the number of times over the years that teams have rode their luck ( fair play) and won it and clearly haven’t been the best side,yet over a 38 game league season you can ride your luck get by at times in games but overall that’s not going to win you the league unlike the champions league,carragher and mark Hughes both agreeing tonight on Monday night football,that City are a fantastic team but need to win a champions league unbelievable..

Agree surely to be the best in Europe you need to be the best in your country first ?

Werent liverpool 25 points behind City when they qualified the season they won it ? Plus the season liverpool won they weren't the best team in England as City won the league. So logically it doesnt make sence, best in Europe yet not best in your own country ? Plus didnt liverpool lose more matches in Europe that season than City ? They didnt win one away leg in the group stages ?

You need luck and VAR to be on your side to win the champs league. That doesnt make you the best team in Europe.

Can’t get this idea that unless a team wins a champions league they can’t be considered a great side,absolutely baffling the number of times over the years that teams have rode their luck ( fair play) and won it and clearly haven’t been the best side,yet over a 38 game league season you can ride your luck get by at times in games but overall that’s not going to win you the league unlike the champions league,carragher and mark Hughes both agreeing tonight on Monday night football,that City are a fantastic team but need to win a champions league unbelievable..
They will always push the bar out further for us. Win the Champions league and the comments will be “ should have won it before now with that spend “ and “ to be a true great you’ll have to win it six times” ad nauseum”.
And when that exhausts there’s always the Bingo card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.