Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not seen this morning BBC news segment but I saw last night on the news channel & they led with Rangers....mentioned the raggy draw in the style of Ted from Bill & ted on The Fast Show.
Actually said on last nights news round up that ‘Utd failed to close on in on City’s lead at the the top after a 0-0 draw at palace!!!

close in ??

they need snookers

The victims of a dishonest referee, you mean?

I see what you mean about being like us...
They also have a persecution complex like us. Funnily enough I was watching footage of that 1975 final last night on Youtube follwing this discussion, and this morning an advert popped up on my Facebook for a tshirt saying "Leeds United - Boiling Piss Since 1919".

I thought we were the ones boiling piss?

No; exactly the opposite. Evidence of the (media) worm turning!
Ahh, yes. I should have considered that possibility too but the media thread isn't usually that positive ;)

Add in Gabby's comment last night (not expanded on enough for me) plus one or two others recently and I'm hoping we're seeing the long term strategy of the club coming to the fore. I've never gone along with this 'City should sue everybody' nonsense as they're far too smart for that.

Talking of which whatever happened to the KdB King of Belgium idiot?

They also have a persecution complex like us. Funnily enough I was watching footage of that 1975 final last night on Youtube follwing this discussion, and this morning an advert popped up on my Facebook for a tshirt saying "Leeds United - Boiling Piss Since 1919".

They're good at it too, one of the reasons I'm happy to see them back in the top flight along with the drogheda connection.

Ahh, yes. I should have considered that possibility too but the media thread isn't usually that positive ;)

Add in Gabby's comment last night (not expanded on enough for me) plus one or two others recently and I'm hoping we're seeing the long term strategy of the club coming to the fore. I've never gone along with this 'City should sue everybody' nonsense as they're far too smart for that.

Talking of which whatever happened to the KdB King of Belgium idiot?
If City had been going around threatening and banning and suing journalists as people on here wanted the press we get would be ten times worse. Look at Meghan Markle. We operate with class and decorum and let our football and actions do the talking. We've also got good at using Pep as our mouthpiece when required.

If City had been going around threatening and banning and suing journalists as people on here wanted the press we get would be ten times worse. Look at Meghan Markle. We operate with class and decorum and let our football and actions do the talking. We've also got good at using Pep as our mouthpiece when required.

Very true. If we were threatening and suing journalists, it would only strengthen the prejudices about the non-democratic nature of our owners. It would be a bad OG.

He adopted it when we had first been taken over, and our PR department was quite aggressive. The Tevez poster in particular riled him, not least because he was smart enough to know we were coming after them. He had a go at Vicky Kloss in the tunnel around the same time about something. I can’t remember what.
It was about the Tevez poster. I heard he pinned her against the tunnel wall before or after the next swamp derby and gave her the hair dryer treatment despite the fact that she had nothing to do with it.

To be fair Leeds have always had a bad press, especially when they challenged the football establishment of United, Liverpool, and Arsenal in the early 70s. That said some of it was self-inflicted because of their traditional thuggish fanbase (now much better) and Revie's team was certainly the most dirty, cheating, team I have ever witnessed. Don Revie was a hate figure for the British media especially when he deserted England to manage the United Arab Emirates. In those days the tabloids were even more racist than they are now.
However I think the modern Leeds is a different beast to the past. They play superb football and in recent appearances to our stadium (especially the FA Cup match) their fans have been fantastic. Like us they have been up and down the leagues and stuck with their club, at least in their huge away support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.