Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I complained about Simon Stones bias towards the Rags and received this response, if a few more bluemooners complain about him and his bias, they may actually do something:

Thank you for contacting us about the BBC Sport website.

You raised concerns about the reports by Simon Stone.

Across our sport, we aim to balance the overall coverage by including a wide range of current as well as ex-professionals players, commentators and pundits.

All staff working for BBC News, though clearly entitled to hold personal opinions and beliefs, are acutely aware that their views should never in any way influence their work for the BBC, nor should they be apparent to our audience. It is important to recognise however that a fundamental part of the role of our correspondents and editors is to offer analysis, using their experience and knowledge, but this is not indicative of bias.

Despite where Simon's allegiances lie, we believe that his editorial integrity and experience as a football reporter will continue to be beneficial to our readers, however, we appreciate you may continue to disagree with his views.

That said, please be assured that we do value your feedback about this. All complaints are sent to senior management and we’ve included your points in our overnight report. These reports are among the most widely read sources of feedback in the company and ensures that your concerns have been seen by the right people quickly. This helps inform their decisions about current and future content.

Kind regards,

Evelyn Hamp

BBC Complaints Team
www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

I found no offence in it just pointing out it is not true what they say. The large CITY letters were done before lockdown, all I would like to see is the truth, not too much to ask of the media.
As pointed out from someone else, you're wrong. City was printed on all 3 tiers which would have been covered up by fans normally. We've had huge tarps created to cover the top 2 tiers with the other stuff on tier 1.

We obviously have put more into it than the majority of teams (probably all of them), so (others, not you) saying the mention of money is a dig at us are being ever so slightly oversensitive.

I complained about Simon Stones bias towards the Rags and received this response, if a few more bluemooners complain about him and his bias, they may actually do something:

Across our sport, we aim to balance the overall coverage by including a wide range of current as well as ex-professionals players, commentators and pundits.

All staff working for BBC News, though clearly entitled to hold personal opinions and beliefs, are acutely aware that their views should never in any way influence their work for the BBC, nor should they be apparent to our audience. It is important to recognise however that a fundamental part of the role of our correspondents and editors is to offer analysis, using their experience and knowledge, but this is not indicative of bias.

Despite where Simon's allegiances lie, we believe that his editorial integrity and experience as a football reporter will continue to be beneficial to our readers, however, we appreciate you may continue to disagree with his views.

That said, please be assured that we do value your feedback about this. All complaints are sent to senior management and we’ve included your points in our overnight report. These reports are among the most widely read sources of feedback in the company and ensures that your concerns have been seen by the right people quickly. This helps inform their decisions about current and future content.

Kind regards,

Evelyn Hamp

BBC Complaints Team
www.bbc.co.uk/complaints
I think the flaw in the BBC complaint process is that its a non football person who reviews the complaint. They just have no experience to understand the subtle innuendo and look at the issue as though we are all neutral.

I think the flaw in the BBC complaint process is that its a non football person who reviews the complaint. They just have no experience to understand the subtle innuendo and look at the issue as though we are all neutral.
From my experience of complaining to the bbc is they just ignore the point you make. Which means you have to take it to the next level, knowing most people will just say 'fuck it cant be arsed'
My last complaint the bbc completely ignored and banged on about a complaint I had made earlier ! Completely ignored the point that Garth crooks was wrong in stating Citys goal should have been ruled out as the lines person had raised the flag. I asked how crooks didny know you play to the whistle not the flag. BBC didnt bother answering that point just banged on about crooks editing error of not knowing Eddie had won the golden glove.....again !!

As you can see I was making the point of crooks not understand the rules of football ;)

Screenshot_20210323-153647_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
The BBC complaint process is a sham and treats the public with contempt. I have been waiting five months for them to reply to a formal complaint which is now being investigated by OFCOM. There is a big problem with lack of Editorial supervision and quality control in the Online sports team. Irrespective of bias they also make a lot of factual errors.

The next two documentaries are about ex-managers shagging the backroom staff and ex-players going sniffing around taboo members of the family and managing to find additional energy after a hard morning's training.
The BBC will miss a trick if they don't do a documentary about toilet peeping perverts in positions of authority in football.

If it takes a man utd( using only for the purpose of the question) fan 40 mins on a Ryanair flight from Dublin to manchester ,how long will it take 200 on the same flight?
wow! that's the second one today I have blown. Only this morning my wife asked me what the name of the ship was in the film "Mutiny on he Bounty" was called and I didn't know. Wouldn't mind but I saw the film three times. :-)

Kind regards,

Evelyn Hamp

BBC Complaints Team
www.bbc.co.uk/complaints
That second last paragraph is just a steaming pile. Either Evelyn Hamp hasn't got a clue about Stone's clear bias toward the rags and bitterness towards City or she's taking the piss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.