Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jenas wasn't that bad tonight, he actually thought City played well. Darke on the other hand is a right cnut
I don't think I've ever heard match commentators work themselves into such outrage about decisions that went in favour of any other British team and it's just a pity the ref overturned his penalty award because we still have some way to go to even matters up. Still, it was nice to see Madrid score after the ref played on after a foul outside the RM area and Klopp spitting teeth everywhere. I'm sure the media will be far more concerned about that.

I don't think I've ever heard match commentators work themselves into such outrage about decisions that went in favour of any other British team and it's just a pity the ref overturned his penalty award because we still have some way to go to even matters up. Still, it was nice to see Madrid score after the ref played on after a foul outside the RM area and Klopp spitting teeth everywhere. I'm sure the media will be far more concerned about that.
I think in Jenus's case it was more a correction of what was an absolutely diabolical decision and he was just glad the VAR worked to correct that mess. I think anyone other than City fans would have been the same, and infact we sat here acknowledging it, and gave a bit to Rodri for holding his face. I think he (Jenus) was just happy to see a footballing decision corrected. I don't minf Jenus actually, other than that dreary Notts accent.

I think in Jenus's case it was more a correction of what was an absolutely diabolical decision and he was just glad the VAR worked to correct that mess. I think anyone other than City fans would have been the same, and infact we sat here acknowledging it, and gave a bit to Rodri for holding his face. I think he (Jenus) was just happy to see a footballing decision corrected. I don't minf Jenus actually, other than that dreary Notts accent.
Sorry he’s a fucking air thief as a presenter

Had to chuckle at the BBC. After a night of high quality CL games they had to shoe horn the Rags onto the main football page somehow so they put up a video of the title on hold and shows their comeback v us in 2018
Only been up an hour and that has wound me up to fuck. A new fucking low for those twats.

I don't disagree, but where was that amount of outrage expressed when equally diabolical decisions were upheld against us and cost us the game? When have you ever heard an officials record attacked and criticised as much as the one last night unless his mistakes had gone against another British team? I certainly can't remember.

Tbh, I thought they were over praising of both teams tonight at times. Didn’t think it was particularly bad either way or controversial though.

The interviewer afterwards was complete rubbish though.
The interviewer was great. No loaded questions, accepted the answers and allowed them to speak. Refreshing.

I don't disagree, but where was that amount of outrage expressed when equally diabolical decisions were upheld against us and cost us the game? When have you ever heard an officials record attacked and criticised as much as the one last night unless his mistakes had gone against another British team? I certainly can't remember.
The Spurs game in the CL, that decision was hammered across the media. There have probably been countless decisions for and against British clubs that get that amount of outrage, but unless it's your club you just don't hear it, because there is no vested interest.

The ref last night is being panned all over, and rightly so.

Exactly. To cite just one example, last season against Lyon, most of us thought Pep got his selection wrong and we didn't play well. We were lambasted for that and understandably so.

BUT. We changed things round, levelled the tie up and had got on top, only for them to go ahead again fairly late on thanks to a 'goal' scored owing to a blatant foul. Yet if you tried to look for references to that in the media's gleeful inquests into our demise, you found yourself in needle and haystack territory.

Yes, we got lucky with the disallowed goal decision last night. But we're nowhere near the cliché where such decisions in crucial CL knockout ties have evened themselves out. When no one in the media mentions that but so many of them seem to soil themselves in outrage about last night, fuck them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.