Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're pandering to clicks. Not just in the UK but from abroad as well. Plus a lot of them seem to have bought into the moral superiority idea of 'doing things the right way'. Completely ignoring the fact that none of the other successful clubs did we're successful without outside investment. Their hypocrisy is staggering.
Clickbait is everywhere in sport unfortunately, we just happen to fit in.

US the same https://newsakmi.com/sports-news/nfl-news/aaron-rodgers-clickbait-sports-shows-low-class-journalism/

Absolutely and I said in a further post that I've got nothing against the kid.

However the postmatch talk and analysis spent more time on Bellingham and Haaland than they did with us or Foden.

It's a pattern of always 'rooting' for the other team against us with BT.
Seriously, what else would anyone expect if McPointy is anywhere near the studio or commentary....

Sticking the boot out behind you and connecting with Rodders knee/leg to me was still a pen, what didn't help was him going to ground clutching his face.....that's not how we roll at City.
I think Cancelo used to do that. Fortunately, that part of his game has disappeared for the moment, hopefully never to return. Maybe Pep's had a word.

But why do they hate City.... IMO it is because we are the little man, the upstart. How dare we challenge the ruling elite who have looked after the media so well. Everyone should know their place.
Partly because we broke up the elite.
Partly to gain clicks from the overseas fans.
Partly because a sheikh with money doesn’t sit right in the western world.
Partly because British papers are influenced by USA media and ongoing.

Fact is nobody wants to say it out loud.

I remember it as being more of a 'stoop' by the front post after we'd won a corner (a welcome bit of relief from the Liverpool bombardment we'd been under from minute one!)

And Mike Cledford's recollections of that Arsenal team that thrashed us 5-1 towards the end of Big Joe's tenure as manager are spot on. That team under Wenger played beautiful football, like Dalglish's Liverpool and Cloughie's Forest.

Mind, it cost a bob or two to assemble each of those teams, didn't it?.. and, of course, they've all been outdone in the beauty/success stakes by Pep's recent creations!.. but don't ever mention that to supporters of The Red Filth, The Anfield Road Formation Brick Throwers, The Tarquins or the media in general.. I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it..
Yeah I’m sure it was the only shot we had to their shitloads. The Arsenal game was unbelievable, I actually felt Sorry for Dunny after Terry Henry pulled that crossfield ball out of the air although, as you say, it’s the sort of thing City do several times a game without any of the fuss and often kill a long pass stone dead with the outside of a boot.

Yeah I’m sure it was the only shot we had to their shitloads. The Arsenal game was unbelievable, I actually felt Sorry for Dunny after Terry Henry pulled that crossfield ball out of the air although, as you say, it’s the sort of thing City do several times a game without any of the fuss and often kill a long pass stone dead with the outside of a boot.
Mahrez is one of the best in the world at that.

There were plenty of Arsenal fans on social media and comments boards, praising City fans that day, especially as a large section of the main stand waited to applaud Arsenal off.
I didn't know about the Arsenal fans and the social media stuff, didn't do it then and still don't - my how their attitudes have changed over the years! My point was I don't remember it being in the press much if at all. Though to be honest Maine Road was very much an alcohol fuelled blur back then!

Up there with them all talking about how he was a waste of money in the first place. And Yaya being a waste of money too.

Actually pretty much everything they've ever said about us tbh!
Apparently there's a clause in his new contract that states he can go to United on a free if they ever look like they're going to win the league again - so no, we haven't made a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.