Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
No they wouldn't. It's some thicko pretending to be clever because they write in a broadsheet. They pander as much to ragdippers as much as the red tops.
The Guardian makes its money on a basis of telling the under privileged in this country how to think and behave and telling them - nicely of course - to accept their lot in life and not rock the boat, leave well alone, and not disturb the advantages that the richest in society are borne with. Know your place in other words.

City didn’t accept their place as the under priviliged, poor cousin of the football world and they invested, against received wisdom and the accepted practise of struggling on whilst our ‘betters’ hoovered up all the money and trophies. That made the guardian not like us.

Our investment came from dark skinned Muslims. That made the guardian hate us.

Wasn’t Clive Wilson’s goal the diving header from about 30yards?
I remember it as being more of a 'stoop' by the front post after we'd won a corner (a welcome bit of relief from the Liverpool bombardment we'd been under from minute one!)

And Mike Cledford's recollections of that Arsenal team that thrashed us 5-1 towards the end of Big Joe's tenure as manager are spot on. That team under Wenger played beautiful football, like Dalglish's Liverpool and Cloughie's Forest.

Mind, it cost a bob or two to assemble each of those teams, didn't it?.. and, of course, they've all been outdone in the beauty/success stakes by Pep's recent creations!.. but don't ever mention that to supporters of The Red Filth, The Anfield Road Formation Brick Throwers, The Tarquins or the media in general.. I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it..

The Guardian makes its money on a basis of telling the under privileged in this country how to think and behave and telling them - nicely of course - to accept their lot in life and not rock the boat, leave well alone, and not disturb the advantages that the richest in society are borne with. Know your place in other words.

City didn’t accept their place as the under priviliged, poor cousin of the football world and they invested, against received wisdom and the accepted practise of struggling on whilst our ‘betters’ hoovered up all the money and trophies. That made the guardian not like us.

I an not so sure about your last para. The Guardian, staff and readership, has a sjgnificant Jewish element. Having said that the Middle East situation causes some people's views to fluctuate daily.

So you think that of all the British newspapers, it's the Guardian that
- wants to keep the poor in their place
- doesn't like Muslims

Interesting.

I remember it as being more of a 'stoop' by the front post after we'd won a corner (a welcome bit of relief from the Liverpool bombardment we'd been under from minute one!)

And Mike Cledford's recollections of that Arsenal team that thrashed us 5-1 towards the end of Big Joe's tenure as manager are spot on. That team under Wenger played beautiful football, like Dalglish's Liverpool and Cloughie's Forest.

Mind, it cost a bob or two to assemble each of those teams, didn't it?.. and, of course, they've all been outdone in the beauty/success stakes by Pep's recent creations!.. but don't ever mention that to supporters of The Red Filth, The Anfield Road Formation Brick Throwers, The Tarquins or the media in general.. I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it..
Went to Platt Lane Park at weekend and I was telling my son about Liverpool fans vandalising parked cars (and some with people in). They were checking the tax discs on cars to check the rubber stamp denoting where the car was last taxed. Not very definite proof of a City owner but scousers are not very bright in mobs.
Apart from all the broken glass and stolen radios
Walking down Platt Lane always seemed to have conversations like: ' That bloody Fairclough did it again'. ' Yeah. Comes on for 10 minutes and scores a bloody hattrick'.'Every bloody time.'
Well it always seemed like that.

So you think that of all the British newspapers, it's the Guardian that
- wants to keep the poor in their place
- doesn't like Muslims

Interesting.
Without going into politics he is right. Everyone in power wants to keep the little man down so they can stay at the top and preach down. The Guardian are no different to the Telegraph (the letters page is something else) politically different but the same objective.

I think most of our papers are different shades of the same hue but maybe that's for another thread.
We can all agree they hate City!
But why do they hate City.... IMO it is because we are the little man, the upstart. How dare we challenge the ruling elite who have looked after the media so well. Everyone should know their place.

I thought the Guardian would've loved our takeover?

But why do they hate City.... IMO it is because we are the little man, the upstart. How dare we challenge the ruling elite who have looked after the media so well. Everyone should know their place.
They're pandering to clicks. Not just in the UK but from abroad as well. Plus a lot of them seem to have bought into the moral superiority idea of 'doing things the right way'. Completely ignoring the fact that none of the other successful clubs did we're successful without outside investment. Their hypocrisy is staggering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.