Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel it might deserve its own thread and it’s not just media but the media play their part

Following our losses I had a look at Rawk and Redcafe wow lots of conspiracy theory stuff plus apparently we are being shown favoritism by the media and football bodies and cooking the books

I think I am currently banned from about for 4 rival fans forums for no reason other than essentially over posting on FFP issues the sort of thing that PB would post on here

I love a good debate other than football I am really interested in politics and I have an interest in finance / economics / investments I work in financial services hence perhaps why I am drawn to FFP debate

This might sound odd but I see comparisons between FFP Brexit Trump and politics in general and religion in the past in politics I think people could agree on facts and at times solutions though not always now this has deteriorated its the same with FFP we show our accounts and it’s fake news a geologist shows proof to a person who says the earth is 3000 years old and it’s fake news same with Brexit same with flat earth same with Trump same as some aspects of our politics with Boris etc Covid etc

Was hoping improved results would sort this out but it hasn’t perhaps it will eventually would be nice to raise a bucket of money in the summer from sales of fringe / loan / CFG players and keep progressing off the field especially campus to maybe help our image

Last edited:
Feel it might deserve its own thread and it’s not just media but the media play their part

Following our losses I had a look at Rawk and Redcafe wow lots of conspiracy theory stuff plus apparently we are being shown favoritism by the media and football bodies and cooking the books

I think I am currently banned from about for 4 rival fans forums for no reason other than essentially over posting on FFP issues the sort of thing that PB would post on here

I love a good debate other than football I am really interested in politics and I have an interest in finance / economics / investments I work in financial services hence perhaps why I am drawn to FFP debate

This might sound odd but I see comparisons between FFP Brexit Trump and politics in general and religion in the past in politics I think people could agree on facts and at times solutions though not always now this has deteriorated its the same with FFP we show our accounts and it’s fake news a geologist shows proof to a person who says the earth is 3000 years old and it’s fake news same with Brexit same with flat earth same with Trump same as some aspects of our politics with Boris etc Covid etc

Was hoping improved results would sort this out but it hasn’t perhaps it will eventually would be nice to raise a bucket of money in the summer from sales of fringe / loan / CFG players and keep progressing off the field especially campus to maybe help our image
Here's the truth: Every fanbase thinks that they're the special club that the world conspires against.

Here's the truth: Every fanbase thinks that they're the special club that the world conspires against.

Yeh but I can have a degree of reasonable debate about most aspects of football with rival fans even rivals and even with fans that think they are picked on in some way but this goes out the window with FFP

FFP is completely different for some reason the hatred toward us from rivals fans on this topic does not even compare to rivalry between say us and United or Liverpool or Liverpool United or London derbies or United and Leeds or the general dislike of clubs like Milwall or at least that’s how it appears online maybe it’s a generational thing with attending football being expensive and not as local as it once was perhaps the rivalries about football rather than finance have been diminished also not like we have the firms anymore

Yeh but I can have a degree of reasonable debate about most aspects of football with rival fans even rivals and even with fans that think they are picked on in some way but this goes out the window with FFP

FFP is completely different for some reason the hatred toward us from rivals fans on this topic does not even compare to rivalry between say us and United or Liverpool or Liverpool United or London derbies or United and Leeds or the general dislike of clubs like Milwall or at least that’s how it appears online maybe it’s a generational thing with attending football being expensive and not as local as it once was perhaps the rivalries about football rather than finance have been diminished also not like we have the firms anymore
The problem with discussing FFP with rival fans, is that none of them have been on the wrong end of it, so haven't looked into it in any depth. City fans appear to be more knowledgeable on the subject because we've had to be. It's easy for them to say we've 'cheated', but ask them to explain how/why and they mostly don't have a clue

The problem with discussing FFP with rival fans, is that none of them have been on the wrong end of it, so haven't looked into it in any depth. City fans appear to be more knowledgeable on the subject because we've had to be. It's easy for them to say we've 'cheated', but ask them to explain how/why and they mostly don't have a clue
The cheated FFP thing is only taken seriously by our big competitors the Cartel clubs. They have added new layers like players getting double wages. Most know its rubbish but the gullible believe it. You only have to look at the Loch ness monsters popularity to see how stupid stories take on a life of their own.

This show on after MOTD, Lineker, Shearer and Micah discussing best premier league bargains of all time

they’re all for amounts like a couple of hundred grand (mahrez to Leicester, kolo toure to Arsenal, Lucas radebe, seamus Coleman)
Somehow they’ve got Andy Robertson on the list for £8m - about 8 times more than anyone else on the list

Kompany was cheaper
Yeah but Kompany only won 4 premier leagues and Robertson won the 1 that means more.

Last edited:
Remember that week this season were the media slated mainly City players for celebrating goals due to Covid.

Just remembered that there, what happened to that campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.