Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read an article by Jonathan Liew of the Guardian advocating swingeing penalties on the breakaway clubs. As usual, no recognition of the damage this does to supporters who were more instrumental in bringing about the demise of the SL than any other group. Anyway, that's beside the point which is the sheer hypocrisy of Liew and others in the media who, because of the status of the PL in world football, make a nice living. Maybe Liew should try a spell in sports journalism in Norway or Finland with concomitant salary. But the sickening hypocrisy is that Liew and his fellow travellers would have had no hesitation in covering the affairs and matches of the SL had it come into being; no compunction about the travel (and expenses) to Spain and Italy; no saying to the Editor "sorry, my moral compass points me away from providing publicity and thus helping to line yet further the pockets of people like Perez". No, their cop-out would be "we are journalists, we have to go where the news is". Yeah, right.

I'm not suggesting that the owners shouldn't be sanctioned in some way but it has to be in such a way as to avoid penalising the supporters. In a war, if an illegally occupied city is liberated you don't punish the liberators.

Try again Liew and use your undoubted intelligence to come up with something that punishes owners without delivering forty lashes on the supporters. If you can't then spare us the hypocrisy.

Just read an article by Jonathan Liew of the Guardian advocating swingeing penalties on the breakaway clubs. As usual, no recognition of the damage this does to supporters who were more instrumental in bringing about the demise of the SL than any other group. Anyway, that's beside the point which is the sheer hypocrisy of Liew and others in the media who, because of the status of the PL in world football, make a nice living. Maybe Liew should try a spell in sports journalism in Norway or Finland with concomitant salary. But the sickening hypocrisy is that Liew and his fellow travellers would have had no hesitation in covering the affairs and matches of the SL had it come into being; no compunction about the travel (and expenses) to Spain and Italy; no saying to the Editor "sorry, my moral compass points me away from providing publicity and thus helping to line yet further the pockets of people like Perez". No, their cop-out would be "we are journalists, we have to go where the news is". Yeah, right.

I'm not suggesting that the owners shouldn't be sanctioned in some way but it has to be in such a way as to avoid penalising the supporters. In a war, if an illegally occupied city is liberated you don't punish the liberators.

Try again Liew and use your undoubted intelligence to come up with something that punishes owners without delivering forty lashes on the supporters. If you can't then spare us the hypocrisy.
He and his highly paid colleagues should be embarrassed that a major story/scandal was going on right under all their noses for several months and only one of them got a whiff of it, and only then a few hours before it broke

should dock us all 10 points now how does that table look then?! Fine us 10m? Dock us all 10 points beginning of next season? They’ll be lawyers all over it the rags and scousers wouldn’t stand for it..

it will fade away at the moment it’s something for then to write about..

I was glad to see the big ugly brute making its first appearance after so many visits to his house and garden.
Being an old cynic perhaps someone else keeps it and it was brought in for doubters like me.
But the dog looked well which is the.main thing.
Can’t reverse the cruel mutilation of its ears for cosmetic purposes though

your moaning about him on a fucking cooking show for christ sake.

Grow up

I for one am sick of him on the BBC Breakfast show nearly all the time.
The last (publicity) campaign was about books which didn't go very far. Ashton seems to have selected this on with more care given the national obsession with cookery programmes.

He and his highly paid colleagues should be embarrassed that a major story/scandal was going on right under all their noses for several months and only one of them got a whiff of it, and only then a few hours before it broke
But looking at the way they reported their darling clubs they were all backing the right horses. City were the dark horse that caught them by surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.