Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read an article by Jonathan Liew of the Guardian advocating swingeing penalties on the breakaway clubs. As usual, no recognition of the damage this does to supporters who were more instrumental in bringing about the demise of the SL than any other group. Anyway, that's beside the point which is the sheer hypocrisy of Liew and others in the media who, because of the status of the PL in world football, make a nice living. Maybe Liew should try a spell in sports journalism in Norway or Finland with concomitant salary. But the sickening hypocrisy is that Liew and his fellow travellers would have had no hesitation in covering the affairs and matches of the SL had it come into being; no compunction about the travel (and expenses) to Spain and Italy; no saying to the Editor "sorry, my moral compass points me away from providing publicity and thus helping to line yet further the pockets of people like Perez". No, their cop-out would be "we are journalists, we have to go where the news is". Yeah, right.

I'm not suggesting that the owners shouldn't be sanctioned in some way but it has to be in such a way as to avoid penalising the supporters. In a war, if an illegally occupied city is liberated you don't punish the liberators.

Try again Liew and use your undoubted intelligence to come up with something that punishes owners without delivering forty lashes on the supporters. If you can't then spare us the hypocrisy.
Completely agree. Why should we be punished for signing up to a tournament? We didn't go through with it. The only resolution is to hit the owners in the pocket. It was all about greed. Donations to grass root football might be the solution.

I was glad to see the big ugly brute making its first appearance after so many visits to his house and garden.
Being an old cynic perhaps someone else keeps it and it was brought in for doubters like me.
But the dog looked well which is the.main thing.
Dog looked well because it had been out on the red wreck with Uncle Roy Kean

Just read an article by Jonathan Liew of the Guardian advocating swingeing penalties on the breakaway clubs. As usual, no recognition of the damage this does to supporters who were more instrumental in bringing about the demise of the SL than any other group. Anyway, that's beside the point which is the sheer hypocrisy of Liew and others in the media who, because of the status of the PL in world football, make a nice living. Maybe Liew should try a spell in sports journalism in Norway or Finland with concomitant salary. But the sickening hypocrisy is that Liew and his fellow travellers would have had no hesitation in covering the affairs and matches of the SL had it come into being; no compunction about the travel (and expenses) to Spain and Italy; no saying to the Editor "sorry, my moral compass points me away from providing publicity and thus helping to line yet further the pockets of people like Perez". No, their cop-out would be "we are journalists, we have to go where the news is". Yeah, right.

I'm not suggesting that the owners shouldn't be sanctioned in some way but it has to be in such a way as to avoid penalising the supporters. In a war, if an illegally occupied city is liberated you don't punish the liberators.

Try again Liew and use your undoubted intelligence to come up with something that punishes owners without delivering forty lashes on the supporters. If you can't then spare us the hypocrisy.
No doubt Liew will be knocking over people in his rush to get on the plane to report on the bent World Cup in Qatar next year.

So reading and listening to current and ex players of the red shite you’d think it was them calling out their teams that resulted in the 6 clubs pulling out bizarre,but not surprising as the media will do anything to try and deflect from them two and paint them somehow in a good light considering they were architects of this with the Madrid Cnut ..

John Barnes isn't the brightest button in the football world and I doubt many outside Liverpool take anything he says seriously, as for John Henry, just how many times does he believe his machinations will be forgiven with a totally insincere apology. I've seen Chelsea fans outraged because City have been claimed to be the first club to kick this scheme into touch, but in reality you don't win a coconut, and whether you are first or last, what matters is you are out.
Heard the John Henry apology yesterday and I really think it should have been set to music. A bit like that "Our Tune" thing they used to do on Radio 1 years ago

He is in the media for what he is doing OUTSIDE of football.

Not what he does on the pitch.

Take them tinted glasses off fella and just be happy someone from the 'Elite' in this country is trying to do something for people.

His new PR and managenent company are doing a great job boosting his income , Marcus is also doing a good job. It is not his fault the cameras and the BBC just happen to be around when he is doing good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.