Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
The level of ego and delusions of self importance on here is laughable. BJ and his cronies have handed out £3.7 billion in covid contracts to themselves. Yet somehow some people give more of a shit what *uckwitt sports journalist think and people they have never met, or likely too think.
"I feel betrayed"
"I want an apology"
For what? All the money that's been pumped into the club and the local area?
Top comment. Happily the views of the sensitive souls on here aren’t reflective of our fan base, the vast majority of whom absolutely love what the sheikh and his money have done for us.

Does it really matter why HHSM purchased the club? We the ‘fans’ care about the trophies. He does not love the club like us and that is ok. He has put his money into making us a world class established football institution.

Thank you for looking after the club and enabling little city to reach the top once again.

I think he is simply saying that those trophies mean nothing to the owners; money comes first. Of course football's ups and downs will be the same for us, but in the background our knowledge that they mean nothing to our owners will take the gloss off. We will also know that they will do it again given half a chance. I thought our powers that be were better than the glazers and FSG etc., but I was deluded. They betrayed us for thirty billion pieces of silver.
So what do we do?

The Athletic have an article on 'the modern penalty'! But do they use the pen CWFC got at The Academy on Wednesday when Kerr had the opportunity of jumping over our Ellie but chose the 'Henry' way of ensuring yer feet got tangled up with the goalie's full length dive to tip the ball away? Well, no, they don't. But we do figure. The example chosen goes back to Gundog getting uprooted in the Haringay area which prompted a Moaninho froth in the techy area. Laughable. How many pens in the last few seasons have the Rags 'won' with or without any contact. The choice was pretty extensive but, true to their impartial view of all things football they scour the archives for one of ours. I haven't read the rest of the article after I saw the two words 'Gundogan' and 'penalty' crowbarred into the same sentence. If anybody has read the full article and the scribes at The Athletic have delivered a comprehensive list of 'modern' pens and who's benefitted most please add to this thread!

I just wonder if this article is for the benefit of the Whistling Wanker who wil be dragging his frame over the Wembley turf and aimed at deterring a stonewall pen being given on Sunday.

So what do we do?
Moves are afoot to stop breakaways.
The 50+1 rule is under consideration.
Ultimately these moves will fail because they are trade restraints. Few people in the football hierarchy understand that, legally, the breakaways did nothing wrong.
The first moves should be about bringing debt into ffp calculations. Debt caused the spanish clubs to push the superliga at this moment. Longer term, UEFA must become a regulator only and not a promoter of tournaments. Herein lies a big issue: clubs sit on the executive of UEFA and have a vested interest in shaping those tournaments. The new CL format is an example, more games, co-efficient engineering, protected status for 'legacy' clubs. A regulator should be putting player welfare ahead of money making. So, look to the organization's name and get clubs off the boards.
Many more measures available, but enough for now.
City fans? Demand meaningful fan representation within the club, not patronizing talking shops.

I beg to disagree ab

I beg to disagree about trophies not meaning anything to owners. That may be the case for the yanks but if you cast your mind back to video clips of City managers meeting the Sheik you will see he had replica trophies in his meeting room. So I think trophies do mean something for our owner. And he reportedly watches our games from the comfort of his "palace or wherever he lives".
Fair enough. Which is more important to them, money or trophies?

Moves are afoot to stop breakaways.
The 50+1 rule is under consideration.
Ultimately these moves will fail because they are trade restraints. Few people in the football hierarchy understand that, legally, the breakaways did nothing wrong.
The first moves should be about bringing debt into ffp calculations. Debt caused the spanish clubs to push the superliga at this moment. Longer term, UEFA must become a regulator only and not a promoter of tournaments. Herein lies a big issue: clubs sit on the executive of UEFA and have a vested interest in shaping those tournaments. The new CL format is an example, more games, co-efficient engineering, protected status for 'legacy' clubs. A regulator should be putting player welfare ahead of money making. So, look to the organization's name and get clubs off the boards.
Many more measures available, but enough for now.
City fans? Demand meaningful fan representation within the club, not patronizing talking shops.

only 2 clubs who have benefited from the 50 + 1 model in germany

bayern and Dortmund.

id even go as far as saying Bayern has benefited the most.

they were crying when red bull got involved with Leipzig

Wait till we go away when fans are back. Wait till the press call us traitors at every opportunity. Wait till Darke commentates on our game. Then you can patronize me. Arrogant sod.
Tbf mate they already hate us, what your saying is what they’ve been doing for 13 years now, i suggest you develop a thick skin like the rest of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.