Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rag. Lol.
As a relative newcomer to this site, can I ask all posters put lol at the end of their messages so I can know if it's serious or not. At the moment, I'm never sure.

I know many of you believe that there is favouritism to teams that play in red. I have to say that it hasn't worked for our lot. lol
Clarkie lol

As a relative newcomer to this site, can I ask all posters put lol at the end of their messages so I can know if it's serious or not. At the moment, I'm never sure.

I know many of you believe that there is favouritism to teams that play in red. I have to say that it hasn't worked for our lot. lol
Not sure what you mean
Rag. Lol.
Clarkie lol
He describes himself as a Swindon fan, who are nicknamed "The Robins". I believe a robin traditionally has a red breast, just like their shirts!
Welcome to the madhouse.

I can still recall, can't remember the teams though, when ITV were grabbing a couple of live games, and five mins in the screen went blank, so the long-awaited game was replaced with 'Sorry for the loss of picture . . . . . .!' The game was over before the picture was found!

BBC commentary ran for just over a minute on Saturday before MANure were mentioned. I think the BBC commentators' horoscopes indicate that if they get a MANUre mention in pretty early on then England will get a pen!
Big Dave,
Do you remember the England game, I cannot recall who we were playing, and Granada had the match. Gerry Loftus was the commentator and he had to apologise at the end because somebody in the editing suite had accidently cut the winning goal. It was really amateur hour, the only good thing was one commentator without endless waffle.

Big Dave,
Do you remember the England game, I cannot recall who we were playing, and Granada had the match. Gerry Loftus was the commentator and he had to apologise at the end because somebody in the editing suite had accidently cut the winning goal. It was really amateur hour, the only good thing was one commentator without endless waffle.
That was the friendly against Austria the year before we won the World Cup.

Some of the lads at school next day thought we'd drawn 2-2, when in fact we lost 3-2! If I recall correctly, we didn't lose again until the Scots won at Wembley (also 3-2) in 1967.

I also remember we had such giggly fun repeating Gerry Loftus's final assessment of the England performance,saying 'Alf Ramsey will have get out his chopper..' (Oooh Matron..!)

I am unable to put that message you want as my phone is programmed to turn itself off if I was ever childish enough to use it

Iirc The English occupied the high ground and although tired and exhausted they were in no danger of ‘losing’ … until the Normans attacked again (having been repelled many times), then pretended to retreat in disarray, causing the common troops to charge down the hill after them believing victory was there’s, where they were severely battered by the ‘retreaters’ and the Norman cavalry which could be deployed on the flat lower ground. Harold was left with 1/3 of his troops gone…and the press of the next Norman attack with vastly improved superiority of numbers … and having seen 1/3 of their number massacred, having fought continuously for most of the day and the knock-on effects of the amazing March from Stamford bridge… and then Harold being injured…

still, it united England and we never suffered a successful conquering invasion ever again.

Typical continental opposition. Draw you on, defend deep, then hit you with a sucker punch on the counter attack.

Might as well have been fucking Inter Milan.

That was the friendly against Austria the year before we won the World Cup.

Some of the lads at school next day thought we'd drawn 2-2, when in fact we lost 3-2! If I recall correctly, we didn't lose again until the Scots won at Wembley (also 3-2) in 1967.

I also remember we had such giggly fun repeating Gerry Loftus's final assessment of the England performance,saying 'Alf Ramsey will have get out his chopper..' (Oooh Matron..!)
John,
Many thanks for that, it was that long ago and when I mention it nobody believes me. Thanks again, although I did forget that we lost.

John,
Many thanks for that, it was that long ago and when I mention it nobody believes me. Thanks again, although I did forget that we lost.
I remember that match. If it’s the one I think, the ITV highlight coverage managed to cut out the winning goal. We only found out the correct result from the morning papers the next day.

I remember that match. If it’s the one I think, the ITV highlight coverage managed to cut out the winning goal. We only found out the correct result from the morning papers the next day.
That as been the problem, vague memories of a massive cock up. At least I know that I am not going senile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.