Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
There have been more City players in each of the 5 teams Southgate picked than any other club by a considerable distance. They've also been lavishly praised by the media.

Looking at this thread is like putting your tongue on a battery when you're a kid. Some of you are like Viz characters.
To be fair Southgate hasn't had much choice. Stone, Walker and Sterling have been exceptional, and there haven't really been any alternatives in their positions. The media haven't been able to find fault (apart from Sky basically belittling Sterling's' performances to lavish praise on Harry Hotspur).

There have been more City players in each of the 5 teams Southgate picked than any other club by a considerable distance. They've also been lavishly praised by the media.

Looking at this thread is like putting your tongue on a battery when you're a kid. Some of you are like Viz characters.
Thanks DD the lol I put at the end was to hopefully indicate it's non serious nature. It has failed.
Apologies if that did not come across my friend.

I think Southgate has got the right idea by gradually including as many Man United players as possible into his team's. Pick his games obviously but let them shine as much as possible.
Liverpool s turn next season should ensure his popularity with both media and their targeted subscription base.
Whether he will dare replace his core defence and spearhead of City players is debatable but he has made a start by withdrawing Foden. Lol.
I think he will keep the City core in the side as that is what is keeping him in a job, the trick is ensuring only Rags are mentioned, oh and Sir Harry.

Or we're just having a laugh

To get to Battle(the town) just outside Hastings Harold got his men to walk 25 miles a day which is crazy. They got there in 9 days picking up the fyrd soldiers along the way and spent a week preparing for battle which normally they would have around a month. Williams army have 3 weeks rest before and Harold very nearly won which is remarkable considering the odds were massively stacked against him
Iirc The English occupied the high ground and although tired and exhausted they were in no danger of ‘losing’ … until the Normans attacked again (having been repelled many times), then pretended to retreat in disarray, causing the common troops to charge down the hill after them believing victory was there’s, where they were severely battered by the ‘retreaters’ and the Norman cavalry which could be deployed on the flat lower ground. Harold was left with 1/3 of his troops gone…and the press of the next Norman attack with vastly improved superiority of numbers … and having seen 1/3 of their number massacred, having fought continuously for most of the day and the knock-on effects of the amazing March from Stamford bridge… and then Harold being injured…

still, it united England and we never suffered a successful conquering invasion ever again.

It caters for the lowest common denominator - Rag 'n Dipper armchair fans who just want to hear how impressive, enormous, successful (without any trophy haul!) their clubs are - and Sky 'n BT cater for them shamelessly!
And the terrestrial tv too. I am sure you remember the olden days on the cup final where most people watched bbc in preference to the low standard commentary on ITV as they catered for the populist mass market. I always found Sky even worse in that respect. High volume cheap tat despite the fancy gadgets.

Why is slabhead gettin all the praise? Just saw a pic on IG from brfootball with Maguire with the ball in his hands in front of Shaw,Stones and Walker as if he was the reason England didn‘t concede in their first 5 games while he only played 3!
Overrated ugly ass. Can‘t believe people think he’s better than Stones just because he plays for the Rats from the other side!

Why is slabhead gettin all the praise? Just saw a pic on IG from brfootball with Maguire with the ball in his hands in front of Shaw,Stones and Walker as if he was the reason England didn‘t concede in their first 5 games while he only played 3!
Overrated ugly ass. Can‘t believe people think he’s better than Stones just because he plays for the Rats from the other side!
He has darting eyes like a rat and giving the impression he doesn't really know what's going on. He blunders about in the league but it is hardly mentioned let alone highlighted.
I'm my completely unbiased opinion he comes 4th on that quartet. And it's easy even for me to be completely unbiased on the back four.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.