Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to love Martin Samuel. Without doubt the best Journalist there is. And as a rule, pretty much never has a bad word to say about City.

Interesting bit about that Hyena David Gill and UEFA/Ceferin further down, and I thought it was just us City fans that were "paranoid" and that there seemed to be an agenda.

Interesting bit about that Hyena David Gill and UEFA/Ceferin further down, and I thought it was just us City fans that were "paranoid" and that there seemed to be an agenda.
There's no way Samuel would have referenced Gill unless he had some strong evidence of what Gill has been doing. Gill is clearly trying to cling on to his influence with UEFA. That said the current debt crisis at Real, Barca, and most of all United, is making the FFP regulations look increasingly untenable (especially after the CAS ruling).

There's no way Samuel would have referenced Gill unless he had some strong evidence of what Gill has been doing. Gill is clearly trying to cling on to his influence with UEFA. That said the current debt crisis at Real, Barca, and most of all United, is making the FFP regulations look increasingly untenable (especially after the CAS ruling).
Whatever it is , he'll be looking after the rags best interests, and tbf, I don't really have that much of an issue with it in his position, it's the fact that "they" claim this to be wholly unthinkable and absolutely not the case, it's fuckin ludicrous to think he wouldn't be on the side which benefited them, every single time.

And the Manumirror with the 'he has to win the champs league now narrative '. Make no mistake, whichever paper you choose to read they all hate City with a passion .
And why is that? Can't be just about upsetting the applecart and challenging the red clubs: Chelsea got some criticism, but nothing like the opprobrium we get.
Can't possibly be racism, can it? Those arabs (a row of grinning beards according to the guardian) and their filthy oil money must be cheating, wouldn't be a surprise if they were white slavers.

Don’t get me wrong Samuel is good but in the summer he did a piece on why messi to city would be a bad move.seems to of changed his tune.
Let's be honest. I am sure most City fans are excited by the prospect of Messi coming to City. It would be amazing, even if he played only 25 games a season at the age of 34.
We all know there are risks involved in terms of upsetting the team's balance or perhaps blocking progress of younger players. On the other hand can you imagine how inspired the youngsters will be to play alongside a genius like Messi. Let's wait and see.
For me it would just be another ride on the magnificent rollercoaster of watching City since the 1960s. You can accuse City of many things, and we have had some truly terrible and brilliant teams over the years, but (apart from the brief Pearce period) we have never been boring.

Don’t get me wrong Samuel is good but in the summer he did a piece on why messi to city would be a bad move.seems to of changed his tune.
Makes me wonder if he's bed me our PR buddy in the like of Deloony and Harris have done for the redshirts?

but Phil needs to shut them up with his performances on the pitch.

However, his magical performance on the pitch didnt shut them up..........did it..?

Post match interviewer could have just got that, the after match comments etc

They will continue to bring that incident up, for just as long as clive tyldesley continues to bring up that
magical night in Barcelona. Itll become just another number on the City Bingo board. Same reason you
dont hear Torres/Jesus transfer fee every time they are introduced but Diaz and Cancelo introduced as
60m Diaz and 60m Cancelo.

No, he's just been honest and not joined the racist twats. Remember, despite his opposition to ffp, he did say he thought we were guilty before the CAS hearing.
It's just as well the CAS is a strong independent body not swayed by numerous heedless opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.