Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alan Alan gives us a wave
Alan gives us a wave!

This was before we'd won anything.
Classic City fan humour which distinguished us from the rag herd.
We've lost a bit of that now.
It must have been us getting into trouble about the same time as we sang to the not incredible Hulk. Genuinely funny but an early indication of what a gang of clowns EUFA are.
Another funny moment from the fans was at Anfield when their subs were warming up running into our corner. Huge cheers for Kolo and Mario(?) running together and a big pantomime boo for Sturridge who scowled with his customary good humour.

It must have been us getting into trouble about the same time as we sang to the not incredible Hulk. Genuinely funny but an early indication of what a gang of clowns EUFA are.
Another funny moment from the fans was at Anfield when their subs were warming up running into our corner. Huge cheers for Kolo and Mario(?) running together and a big pantomime boo for Sturridge who scowled with his customary good humour.
Yeah remember those incidents.
Not to mention Berti Glauber!

My point about Suarez was exactly that the argument that his use of terms was not considered racist in his homeland was rejected as irrelevant and that only British cultural and legal values were of relevance. Thus, Cavani was using an argument already dismissed some years ago. As FantasyI says, a precedent has been set, reinforced in the case of Bernardo (ridiculously) and they cannot ignore that in the case of Cavani.

My point about Suarez was exactly that the argument that his use of terms was not considered racist in his homeland was rejected as irrelevant and that only British cultural and legal values were of relevance. Thus, Cavani was using an argument already dismissed some years ago. As FantasyI says, a precedent has been set, reinforced in the case of Bernardo (ridiculously) and they cannot ignore that in the case of Cavani.
"and they cannot ignore that in the case of Cavani", I wouldn't bet good money on that TBH.

Alan Alan gives us a wave
Alan gives us a wave!

This was before we'd won anything.
Classic City fan humour which distinguished us from the rag herd.
We've lost a bit of that now.
It was absolutely freezing that night but Alan got everyone moving and warmed us all up!

There is a moral to this whole Bernado/cavani comparison affair......if you want to call a friend something risque but which is ok with them then do it during a private conversation/phonecall or even email. Under no circumstances tweet it, facebook it, comment it on a public forum etc as half the fckin people who see it will be offended on your friends behalf.

A sad but true state of affairs.

If you play in red then you might get away with it, and will at least have the twats at sky/bbc/bt etc making excuses for you.

Even though I have not seen the tweet and dont give a shit what he called anyone he should still be banned, purely in the interest of upholding fair and equal standards for all players.

I cant help but think that anyone who gets "offended" on a strangers behalf has never been properly offended themselves...........some may even find this view offensive...........thats ok I am not offended by that.

There is a moral to this whole Bernado/cavani comparison affair......if you want to call a friend something risque but which is ok with them then do it during a private conversation/phonecall or even email. Under no circumstances tweet it, facebook it, comment it on a public forum etc as half the fckin people who see it will be offended on your friends behalf.

A sad but true state of affairs.

If you play in red then you might get away with it, and will at least have the twats at sky/bbc/bt etc making excuses for you.

Even though I have not seen the tweet and dont give a shit what he called anyone he should still be banned, purely in the interest of upholding fair and equal standards for all players.

I cant help but think that anyone who gets "offended" on a strangers behalf has never been properly offended themselves...........some may even find this view offensive...........thats ok I am not offended by that.
that sums up todays generation...people offended at you not being offended on behalf of someone else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.