Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gary Neville said Pogba was "the best player on the pitch" in the second half. Well I watched the second half and he was very poor, repeatedly giving the ball away and not making any challenges. The goal was fortunate. These commentators think we are all stupid. It is just relentless propaganda. Actually, until he was subbed, Rashford was the best player on the pitch.
Actually the best player on the pitch was the ref and he was fucking shite.

I called it when they launched, once I saw some of the names they were hiring and the fact that the establishment clubs all had two or even three dedicated writers while City were given just the one.
I knew then it was going to be the same old shite with the same old prejudices and vested interests, while hypocritically masquerading as something different, something worthier.
As has been mentioned at length previously, their coverage of the CAS affair - from more than one writer - exposed their flaws, limitations and their inherent institutional bias.
It was actually a great opportunity for them to fairly follow and evaluate the evidence and set themselves apart from the rest but they fucked it. Presumably their editors and readership didn’t want to know or read why City were innocent, when ‘City are guilty’ does better numbers with their redshirt subscribers.
The Athletic is the emperor’s new clothes, the football equivalent of slipping your copy of Razzle inside the pages of The Economist as you leave the paper shop

Spot on.

Like you said, probably not the correct thread for this but I feel compelled to reply.
If you look back at previous posts prior to the one you responded to, you may get the full picture as your post reminds me of Uefa's case against City that went to CAS where it appears you have taken out of context snippets from much bigger pieces of information.

I am fully aware of the stats around SEN kids however there is no direct link between being eligible for FSM and having a statement so I'm no quite sure what you're getting at there?
In fact the vast majority of SEN kids aren't eligible for FSM so you're basically comparing apples with oranges.

In addition to going back further and reading previous posts, If you actually read my last sentence properly, I said MANY will follow their parents example (not all) and from personal experience teachers in my school are pissing in the wind trying to provide an education for a lot of kids (not SEN) as their parents are setting such a poor example at home.

The discussion started yesterday and was around the BBC and the amount of time and pubic money they are spending publicising Marcus Rashford. One of my points is that this publicity will not tackle the route cause / causes and I don't want to put words in your mouth but perhaps you agree that this isn't going to provide a solution as it's not as easy or as straightforward as that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.