Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, who you do you think, sorry which club, pushed the story into the Athletic's direction?

Or do we give the Athletic 100% credit for waiting until United go top of the PL before publishing the story.

Coincidence? Not a f***ing chance!

As expected, it's in the Daily United.

Expect the usual pile on from the Rags, Coach Wreckers, Tarquins, etc.

I called it when they launched, once I saw some of the names they were hiring and the fact that the establishment clubs all had two or even three dedicated writers while City were given just the one.
I knew then it was going to be the same old shite with the same old prejudices and vested interests, while hypocritically masquerading as something different, something worthier.
As has been mentioned at length previously, their coverage of the CAS affair - from more than one writer - exposed their flaws, limitations and their inherent institutional bias.
It was actually a great opportunity for them to fairly follow and evaluate the evidence and set themselves apart from the rest but they fucked it. Presumably their editors and readership didn’t want to know or read why City were innocent, when ‘City are guilty’ does better numbers with their redshirt subscribers.
The Athletic is the emperor’s new clothes, the football equivalent of slipping your copy of Razzle inside the pages of The Economist as you leave the paper shop

They want for the 10% of 2 clubs rather than the 80% of hundreds. The problem is that’s a very crowded space, literally every daily paper, bbc, sky, bt, do the same.

I’m certain this latest bile from Crafton was a fishing expedition, it seemed a bit Georgie Bingham trying to get involved after a few colleagues have been called out.

I like the Athletic - lots of Sam Lee's football (not FFP) articles have been really good and are far more detailed than you can read anywhere else and I also read some of the other general football and baseball stuff as well.

But this shit from Crafton is fucking appalling. It's the most dressed up nonsense I've seen presented a scandal. Such a non-story.

Boy goes to Spurs, extended time at City, trials at United and West Ham. Boy not good enough and returns to Brazil.

10 years later father complains. Probably can't accept his boy not good enough. Probably wanting to make money out of it.

The boy talks of his experience at City very fondly.

Did City breach the rules in anyway? Possibly for the vast sum of £12,000 but City have the bases covered.

And such a widespread activity the Premier League had an amnesty. Everyone doing the same thing.

The athletic!!! the pathetic more like, from what I have read on here recently they are to proper fair footy reporting what the sun are to credible unbiased news. Not only that, our coverage comes with bitter hatred and goading of our fans attached to it.

Imo anyone writing professionally should be looking for positive reaction to his work from anyone who reads it, these wankers along with the bbc/mail/guardian etc etc have zero credibility in that regard, as they look only to pour scorn on anyone who challenges footballs "established red elite".

They are knowingly using their "work" to arm plastic red knownowts with confirmation bias ammunition to attack fans of other clubs while smugly hiding behind journalistic phrases such as "our sources tell us" and we are "reliably informed". Tell me how reliably informed all these tossers were over the cas judgement, ignoring any possible positives toward us so they could continue spouting bile.

The standards of most of these "journos" whether employed, freelance or just social media twats is that low it puts to shame anyone in that business who genuinely cares about their output.

I have worked as a professional tradesperson all of my adult life, if my standards dropped to a level that caused my customers to complain/talk about it to others I would have been out of work in no time. The fact that this does not seem to matter/affect these guys shows what a worthless mess the media has become.

I would love this club to publicly take some of these wankers to task, just to show that printing lies and hatred is not to be done lightly. Instead though, I suspect we will stay silent, and the next scum/dipper "fan" on the periphery of my work/social circle will taunt me with newly acquired "stories" of how City are cheating again. Stories all willingly and gleefully supplied by the various shithouse outlets highlighted on this thread.

I honestly suspect that some reporters are using the media platform provided by their employers to benefit the clubs they support and diss those they dont. How some of it gets past credible editorial checks is beyond belief.

There had been a couple of seemingly positive articles about us posted on here recently which had me hoping for a change in attitude, but maybe they were just token articles to show to the "boss" if/when accused of onesided reporting.

I like the Athletic - lots of Sam Lee's football (not FFP) articles have been really good and are far more detailed than you can read anywhere else and I also read some of the other general football and baseball stuff as well.

But this shit from Crafton is fucking appalling. It's the most dressed up nonsense I've seen presented a scandal. Such a non-story.

Boy goes to Spurs, extended time at City, trials at United and West Ham. Boy not good enough and returns to Brazil.

10 years later father complains. Probably can't accept his boy not good enough. Probably wanting to make money out of it.

The boy talks of his experience at City very fondly.

Did City breach the rules in anyway? Possibly for the vast sum of £12,000 but City have the bases covered.

And such a widespread activity the Premier League had an amnesty. Everyone doing the same thing.
A perfect summary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.