Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a huge fan of Simon Stone but based on what you had written I decided to check out both articles.

With regards Beek and Ake the two mentions of them, and I quote

‘And new £40 million pound centre back Nathan Ake showed his class’

in comparison to

‘Van der beek pulled one back, 10 minutes before time, but Zaha struck again against his former club to secure a deserved victory for Palace’

With regards the Iceland incident the City articles focuses around KDBs and Fodens performance where as Greenwood performance does not even elicit a mention, hence Iceland was mentioned in relation to Foden.

The two article could not have been any more different with praise given to City for their performance and the opposite for United for theirs. Cannot see anything to complain about within those two reports

I know what you are saying, But, why not just say new signing Ake showed his class, and not mention the fee.
Or write, 40m Van der Beek pulled one back.
I think that is what the poster you replied to was getting at. He never said he wasn't positive about about Ake, but he treated him differently.

Where in the West Midlands are you based? Quoting from the Expross and Stir narrows Midlands Blue to West Midlands Blue. I thought of Black Country Blue for my username being based in Stourbridge but I didn't. This is the quality of post you get two bottles of red wine into the early hours of a Friday morning.
Wolverhampton now, was Birmingham

I know what you are saying, But, why not just say new signing Ake showed his class, and not mention the fee.
Or write, 40m Van der Beek pulled one back.
I think that is what the poster you replied to was getting at. He never said he wasn't positive about about Ake, but he treated him differently.

It is not about being treated differently its perfectly normal that sometimes fees get referenced and other times they don’t. It’s a huge leap to think it is some how anti-City in this instance.

As an example I had a quick look at match reports on the BBC to see if City are being treated differently by referencing fees and in the following reports, fees got mentioned.

Everton v West Brom 18m Dingane
Arsenal v West Ham 72m Pepe
chelsea v Liver 20m Thiago/72m Kepa
Fulham v Arsenal 23m Gabriel
Villa v Sheff Utd 17m Martinez
Crystal palace v Southampton 19.5m Eze
Liverpool v Leeds 30m Rodrigo
West Ham v Newc 20m Wilson
Sheff Utd v Wolves 18m Ramsdale
Brighton v Chelsea 50m Chilwell

Do you still think City are being treated differently by this reference to Ake’s fee?

I have noticed over the last few seasons that sky always show our games against the same opposition we lost too the previous season (not including the top 6 games) it's as if they are hoping we will lose to them again.

Reactions: BTH
I have noticed over the last few seasons that sky always show our games against the same opposition we lost too the previous season (not including the top 6 games) it's as if they are hoping we will lose to them again.

Well, over 2 seasons between 2017-2019 we only lost to three sides outside the top 6 so I reckon we have often been televised for matches against teams we had beaten previously. I think the last couple of pages of this thread highlights how people are looking too hard to be slighted.

Last edited:
For me Hinchcliffe was the biggest **** of last season regarding the Bernardo incident,an absolute shithouse of a man....
This is bang on. Hinchcliffe towed the Sky party line over Bernardo, effectively branded him a racist and bleated over how offended he was. He hung the poor lad out to dry on national TV when even John Barnes defended him. From that moment onwards I can’t be arsed with Hinchcliffe, fuck him!!!

It is not about being treated differently its perfectly normal that sometimes fees get referenced and other times they don’t. It’s a huge leap to think it is some how anti-City in this instance.

As an example I had a quick look at match reports on the BBC to see if City are being treated differently by referencing fees and in the following reports, fees got mentioned.

Do you still think City are being treated differently by this reference to Ake’s fee?
Couldn't really give a rats arse what the media say but I would assume Ake's signing on fee would be considerably lower than those recieved by Thiago and Milner at Liverpool and the media will ignore or twist them to suit whatever narrative they want.

Couldn't really give a rats arse what the media say but I would assume Ake's signing on fee would be considerably lower than those recieved by Thiago and Milner at Liverpool and the media will ignore or twist them to suit whatever narrative they want.

You are in the wrong thread then. lol. Signing on fees, like afent fees rarely get published, not sure if that is due to the info not being revealed or the info being revealed so much later its not considered relevant. I can only think of Pogbas agent fee which received much airtime.

I didn't actually say we are treated differently, although I believe we do on occasions, I was trying to get across the original posters gripe.

I would say though, that I am surprised to see Thiago fee shown, unless they were trying to make out it was a bargain. I am not surprised that you did find a rag price reference.

I didn't actually say we are treated differently, although I believe we do on occasions, I was trying to get across the original posters gripe.

I would say though, that I am surprised to see Thiago fee shown, unless they were trying to make out it was a bargain. I am not surprised that you did find a rag price reference.

No, not in this weekends match report on the BBC, but I think people are kidding themselves if they think it does not happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.