Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
The UK media, especially the press, has lost touch completely with its customer base. When you see people like Matt Lawton (Daily Mail) slagging off fans on Twitter it's totally bizarre. The volume of negative comments a lot of these reporters get is seen as some sort of badge of honour.
But upsetting the paying customers is a disastrous business model and most newspapers are already on their last legs because of the digital revolution (let alone Covid). Thousands of jobs have been lost in the media in the last decade. Trolling your own customers on Twitter is just commercial madness.
Most proper fans I meet despise the way football is covered in the press and on TV. There is no need for this to be the status quo. All anyone wants is honest, balanced, fair, and critical analysis of the sport we all love. What we get is bitter, partisan, and negative coverage where content seems to be designed just to wind people up.
Indeed. What they don’t seem to realise either is that those who respond, Like etc and generally bolster their biased POV on social media are not a representative sample of all footy supporters; they are from a narrow band imho

Comments are being moderated.

They Daily United always do this when they know an article by one of their journalists is going to cause a backlash.

2 nice comments have got through.

Mine won't. I've also told the moderator where to go, as well as Powell.

50-F94-CBE-BFC4-4-D2-F-BEE9-169-BDB0-D2-E1-D.jpg

No mention of the United players celebrating together at Burnley!

1610817542716.jpeg

Last edited:
Comments are being moderated.

They Daily United always do this when they know an article by one of their journalists is going to cause a backlash.

2 nice comments have got through.

Mine won't. I've also told the moderator where to go, as well as Powell.

50-F94-CBE-BFC4-4-D2-F-BEE9-169-BDB0-D2-E1-D.jpg

No mention of the Uninted players celebrating together at Burnley.

View attachment 8388

So predictable wake up city P R fight. Back for the thousandth time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.