Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably just a coincidence that 9 teams all wrote a letter at the same time now I think about it.
Yep, also the WhatsApp group with Delaney, Harris and the dog fiddler and several other ‘journalists’ who Sam Lee wanted to consult with, some of those in that group representing huge media organisations such as Associated Press, just a neutral group of truth seekers.

Not forgetting the various times certain groups of chairmen have met, made up coincidentally of mainly teams in red with American owners have been pictured meeting at various locations around the world to discuss what they see as threats to their clubs, or they could of just met by total accident!

Also, the letter on Arsenal headed notepaper stating something had to be done to stop City, that letter was issued eight years ago, all just coincidental, no collusion to see here, just pretty straight forward journalism...

Colluding as between themselves or colluding with third parties?

Here’s an example. When was the last time you heard any commentator on any platform use the phrase ‘tactical foul’ in relation to any team other than City? Four years ago that phrase didn’t exist. Now it’s part of the vocabulary, but only ever used about City.

How did that state of affairs come into being? Did they all independently make the decision to use that phrase exclusively in relation to us at about the same time? Did one of them first use it about us and the others thought ‘hmm, that’s a nice phrase, I’ll use that too but I think I’ll only use it about City?’

Or do you think it’s more likely that behind the scenes those with close associations with certain teams in red have worked hard the perpetuate the myth throughout that we are the only team to use fouls to stop counter attacks?

And would you deny that ‘collusion’ is a fair description of that?
I'll take that a little further. A City employee told me about the time, post a managerial press conference (might have been Mancini but it doesn't really matter) when they came across 4 journalists from the so-called 'red top' papers, all from different titles, discussing the line they were going to take in spinning something the manager had said.

And a senior club employee told me directly not that long ago that they know there is an organised agenda against us in the media and who's behind it.

The question is an answer to your point. You say there is unlikely to be collusion between eg BT and Sky, I reply that the collusion is more likely to between broadcasters and others than between broadcasters directly.

So, your take?

I see, so to be sure you dont think large scale organisations such as BT/SKY/BBC are organising bias but it maybe at a lower level between pundits or journalists etc?

Again it would not shock me if that was the case.

However, I often think, fans, think sports journalists have more, or should have more knowledge than they actually have.

Case in point being the Garth Crooks team of the week. Fans get annoyed player X is not in the team after he has had a blinder as if Garth Crooks has watched all 9 matches to make his assessment rather than just picked up a few papers, seen who has scored, assisted and cobbled a column together based on that.

Which takes me to my point. Instead of ‘collusion’ it could often be journalists reading articles by peers and following that thought process as it gains traction as a viewpoint.

Sam Lee was probably guilty of that with following his peers with regards the CAS ruling. I doubt he was ‘colluding’ in the sense that you mean, even though he reached the same opinion, but bowed to the knowledge of his peers and constructed his viewpoint based on that.

As humans we do it all the time. For example over the last week Liverpools failings upfront are being, linked, to the poor form of the fullbacks, and now its gaining traction.

The tactical fouling was probably something similar rather than a number of individuals sitting in a room inventing a narrative. Of course not helped by Arteta’s comment on the Amazon Doc or Rodris reported comments about tactical fouling,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.