Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s actually 4 more. KDB has never won player of the month.

Penandes has as many Player of the month awards in 10 months that Henry got in his whole career & 3 more than Spanish Dave ever got lol

I should add that Aguero is the record holder of having the most with 7 in his 9 years here
I'm sure I'd read that Penandes had 2 and Kev none. My mistake if that was wrong. It makes it even worse if that's the case.

Indeed we cant. So until its proven otherwise I think its only fair to presume its ‘relatively’ honest and if there was a ‘dodgy ref’ its still another big jump to then determine he was working against City and fixing matches.

Interestingly I listened to an interview with the Barnsley chairman, who highlighted that although France gets a bad press he saw more evidence of corruption at chairman level within the Uk. So it is going on, but unsure of the nature of what path it takes.
Couldn’t disagree more with your first paragraph. We’ve witnessed terrible refereeing in different circumstances. From Middlesbrough at home in the mid 2000’s when a referee from the North East (Winters or Clattenburg) or Red Riley allowed Danny Mills to rugby tackle Paulo Wanchope in the penalty area from all of 3 yards and waving play on, to more of a tactical approach I see today because unlike those mid 2000’s we are a threat.
If your goal is to ensure your two most popular teams get into the Champions League and picks up trophies, surely the only way to do that is to be anti City?
I do think it is more difficult to be anti City in games. It’s easier to be pro United and Liverpool. What I mean by that is that if Salah or Rashford falls over the ball on the edge of the box and the referee gives a free kick, there is no VAR review for that. You can give Manchester City dodgy penalty decisions when they are already 2-0 up and the game is beyond the opponents yo give the appearance of things evening themselves out.
I’m just saying “bias” will exist from sub conscious, dislike, corrupt on the take and institutionalised indoctrination to protect a brand. Search out Mark Clattenburg’s quote after he sent off Bellamy for us at Bolton Wanderers. Wasn’t it something like “what do you expect from a player like that, playing at a club like that”?
In all cases above, by their very nature they have to be “working against City”?

5 million a year between the 3 of them was the figure I heard from someone supposedly itk:
2.5m Lineker, 1.5m Hansen, 1m Lawrenson.
An unbelievable waste of licence payers money.
You could literally get anyone in to do their job. So its beyond me why you'd pay more than £300k a year for 3 pundits doing 30 minutes a week

The tactical fouling was probably something similar rather than a number of individuals sitting in a room inventing a narrative. Of course not helped by Artetas comment on the Amazon Doc or Rodris reported comments about tactical fouling,

Oh dear.

Stopping a counter attack with a foul is as old as the hills. Every team in the league does it.

But somehow when this new phrase entered the lexicon all these individuals independently decided to use it exclusively in relation to City. And nobody else leaned on them, or had words with them, or persuaded them to do that, it just sort of happened did it?

I’m off to watch the rags lose. Or the dippers. Don’t mind which.

We are fine mate, thanks for asking.
Both missing being out and about. We had planned to spend January in the Alps so really missing that. Although took our first grandchild sledging today at the back of the house, he had a great time, but it made us both miss skiing.
Had a second grandson in October but can’t see him too much due to Covid.

Hope you‘re fine?
We are fine mate, thanks for asking.
Both missing being out and about. We had planned to spend January in the Alps so really missing that. Although took our first grandchild sledging today at the back of the house, he had a great time, but it made us both miss skiing.
Had a second grandson in October but can’t see him too much due to Covid.

Hope you‘re fine?

Congratulations on the second grandson, hopefully things will get back to ‘normal’ and you will get to see him more often.

All ok here. Missing the footy and started doing a few non-lge grounds until that got stopped also. As an ‘essential worker’ nothing has changed work wise so carrying on as normal, just the enjoyable aspects of life are curtailed.

He works mainly on the BBC doesn't he? So indirectly WE pay his wages, but he toes the Salford based BBC sports department company line; snide little digs and spouted vitriol directed directly in our direction (NEVER a penalty, not enough contact for me - CITY; DEFINITE contact, every right to go down - "other" teams; He looked a cm offside to me, correct decision to disallow that - CITY; Right on the edge of offside, but you can't disallow a goal for that - "other" teams; etc.etc.etc) that we've heard constantly dripped out for over a decade (and more) spewed out of the mouth of Shearer et al. Oh how the reds laugh and the blues get angry at their childish little jibes.

As for the "bigger/deeper quality" discussion. As above, it's just yet another single example, of which there are many, that amalgamate to form the bigger :) picture (hence why I used the drip, drip, drip terminology); City cheat the financial rule, City have more money than everybody else, City can buy whoever they like, City have a BIGGER squad, etc.etc.etc. with which they get their biased opinion forming messages across and into the minds of the masses.

When you ask "The man on the Clapham omnibus" what his opinions of Manchester City are, guess what opinions they have?

As another poster wrote earlier, if it were simple slips of the tongue then why is it used again and again and again?

It's a conscious attempt to belittle, denigrate, undermine and form opinion; and it all started in 2008. Coincidence? I would say that coincidence doesn't strictly follow patterns so meticulously, but my understanding of the Law of Large Numbers isn't so hot, so maybe I'm wrong and it's all in my head.
The constant referring to the cost of our team in comparison to the cost of lower teams or our player to their's really annoys me. I do not hear Livarpool or that other lot being belittled in this way.

Oh dear.

Stopping a counter attack with a foul is as old as the hills. Every team in the league does it.

But somehow when this new phrase entered the lexicon all these individuals independently decided to use it exclusively in relation to City. And nobody else leaned on them, or had words with them, or persuaded them to do that, it just sort of happened did it?

Just discussing the fullbacks now with Wright and Shearer. Shows how easy it is for a story to get hold and spread.

Oh dear.

Wasn’t it Neville who first employed the ‘tactical fouling’ phrase? That’s certainly where I first recall hearing it used on Sky wrt Ferna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.