Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not like a Cheshire cat, cats are better looking than Zoe Ball
I used to work with a woman who was the spitting image of Ball, could have got a job as a body double but for her size......she had all the other attributes including never knowing when to shut up, never wrong, annoying cackle of a laugh etc

Shearer appeared on one of the Amazon games last year and was completely different from on MOTD and surprisingly good -so there’s obviously a bit of “toeing the party line” going on with the BBC with him at least (Lineker on the other hand is if anything even worse on BT)

Article about Steve Daley and his time at City
Have a lot of sympathy for Daley, there were times he played really well for us, and yet recieved scores of 5 and 6 out of 10 regularly in the press when he'd played far better.

Remember Steve signing for us making him then, the most expensive footballer..

Wolves then spent most of the money on Andy Gray who seemed to hit the ground running whilst Steve struggled to make an impression which didn't really help him or us watching him to be honest ..

I was at Halifax in the pissing rain, watching us get beat in the cup..

On paper we had a decent team, on grass we just couldn't seem to gell..

Toughened you up back then watching us..

Looking back, the highs, sadly of which I recall weren't too many, were absolutely brilliant, however the lows were of mariana trench proportions and seemed to come around one after another..

Get a big win against one of the teams of the day such as Forest, rags, dippers, Tarquins or Ipswich and the feeling would last you all week..

Lose against crap teams such as Halifax in the cup and what seemed like the majority of the other teams in the division and there was always next week to look forward to..!

Looking back, what a brilliant time it was to support City..

I miss Maine Road, standing on the Kippax, volcanic bovil in a cheap, plastic cup in one hand and a nuclear, super heated meat and potato pie in the other.. both guaranteed to remove all the skin from the inside of your mouth..!

Fu

Funnily enough she was distantly related to Harry Died but, had no football knowledge, I only found out when she was saying he'd died.
To be fair, he didn't have much of a chance in life with a name like Harry Died - glad I'm not called Gazza Runoverbysteamroller.

Saw him after a dinner at Buile Hill in Salford. Absolutely brilliant and able to laugh at himself.
The comedian who was booked to follow him was on a loser straightaway.
If only Steve had been as brilliant at football......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.