Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it was only MOTD highlights but Guy Mowbray did not mention a transfer fee one single time in his commentary.
He also needs to work on his technique and sound flat and deflated when City score. He is not paid to appreciate to appreciate good football.
Could be wrong on both these, but a) they add the comms on after the game has finished so it must be difficult to recreate the ‘live’ surprise / emotion of a goal going in, and b) I thought Mowbray had some blue sympathies- I’ve certainly never found him particularly anti-City

edit. Just realised the point you were making!

I know it was only MOTD highlights but Guy Mowbray did not mention a transfer fee one single time in his commentary.
He also needs to work on his technique and sound flat and deflated when City score. He is not paid to appreciate to appreciate good football.

To be fair I think Mowbray is literally one of the few commentators who is capable of doing their job. He usually does speak well of us. Shows what poisonous bitter wankers most of the rest are. Doesn't help that most pundits are rags/dippers or Keown who hasn't discovered fire yet!

I think @SWP's back has failed the City fan base by not wrapping a 5 iron around Richard Keys head on one of their golfing days.
Shame on him.
I’m 99% sure the reason he is so anti-City on Bein is because I give him such a hard time. He’s also a bandit off 16. (Andy plays off 8 and whilst we’re at it and name dropping, Big Nige off 6) plus knowing me, I’d only hook the 5 iron.

I’m 99% sure the reason he is so anti-City on Bein is because I give him such a hard time. He’s also a bandit off 16. (Andy plays off 8 and whilst we’re at it and name dropping, Big Nige off 6) plus knowing me, I’d only hook the 5 iron.
Joking aside, it's quite sinister the way he's allowed to talk about the club the way he does. He's not even subtle about it nowadays.

Do you think the commentators have a script to work from when covering City matches, I think they're briefed definitely
I think a lot of it is unconscious bias. Many of them seem to do little research other than basic google checks for stats (the stranger the better) and what's been published in the tabloid press. The media narrative around the club remains relentlessly negative with a touch of racism about the heritage of our owners. Most of the TV pundits have been infected with it.
What is also striking is how few commentators can actually read a game. They frequently make mistakes about our formation and tactics and what positions our players are actually playing in.
Yesterday the BT team made constant references urging Burnley to "hit it long and win the second ball." That was just playing into our hands. Commentators seem to be trapped in a 1980s timewarp. Their knowledge of football seems lower than most matchgoing fans. There is just no intelligent analysis.

Was weird on BT yesterday when the commentator said he was surprised that Aguero wasn’t starting.. think someone must have had a word at HT as he Nader reference to his family relationship to Maradona
What a prick as he obviously hadn’t done his research before hand

2i picked up today ( sorry if already mentioned)
Bt commentator
City are 6 points behind leaders Liverpool but with games to pan out that could be different by Monday.
Nope. Liverpool have already played this weekend ffs so still 6 points
Now he says ederson can’t get in Brazil team yet he was in nets for the last 2 games

Her indoors was watching the game with me and she said exactly the same thing about the gap between us and the bus wreckers being the same.. Bt are fucking useless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.